Author Topic: Dover electoral register 1946  (Read 888 times)

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Dover electoral register 1946
« on: Wednesday 02 May 18 14:52 BST (UK) »
If anyone is going to a library or archives which may have this electoral roll and has time, I'd really like to know who was listed in the register at 7 Valley Road, Dover in 1946.

I am hoping for a Francis Matthew Boyne, who later divorced, emigrated to the US, remarried and died in 1994 (though obviously the roll wont confirm that, but wouldn't 'that' be good!)

As far as I can tell he moved from London to Dover at the beginning of 1945.

Thanks

Boo

Offline panda40

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Dover electoral register 1946
« Reply #1 on: Monday 18 June 18 09:16 BST (UK) »
In the Dover Express for 26 January 1945 there is an article that states Francis Matthew Boyne of the address you have given was working as a taxi driver and was fined for failing to stop at a junction.
In another article dated 1944a child at the same address also called Francis fell and broke his leg aged 10.

Hope this helps
Panda
Chapman. Kent/Liverpool 1900+
Linnett.Kent/liverpool 1900+
Button. Kent
Sawyer. Kent
Swain. Kent
Austin/en. Kent
Ellen. Kent
Harman. Kent/ norfolk

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Dover electoral register 1946
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 03 July 18 05:38 BST (UK) »
In the Dover Express for 26 January 1945 there is an article that states Francis Matthew Boyne of the address you have given was working as a taxi driver and was fined for failing to stop at a junction.
In another article dated 1944a child at the same address also called Francis fell and broke his leg aged 10.

Hope this helps
Panda

(sorry for the late reply but I have been away).
I had seen the article about him failing to stop at a junction , it also said his defence was he had only been in Dover for about a week and didn't notice the sign (which they, unsurprisingly, didn't think was a valid excuse so fined him anyway!), but I'd not found the article about the boy.

They did have a son called Francis though who was born in 1934 and I have since found out that the divorce didn't happen till 1947 so its now looking more likely that this was the man I am researching.

Thanks for the help

Boo