Author Topic: Jones family search in Trefor-Llanaelhaiarn  (Read 3747 times)

Offline Glynm

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Jones family search in Trefor-Llanaelhaiarn
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 08 January 19 16:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi Carole
It is wonderful to hear from you. The last time I saw Uncle Harri was in the early 1960's when he stayed with us while doing a job for his firm, Burtons the Tailors I think. I also was only a boy then.
I will be only too pleased to exchange memories about the family. All the Uncles and Aunts you mention have passed away some years now but you still have a number of cousins. If you will make two more posts on here you will be allowed to send me your e-mail address in a personal message which no one else can see.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Glyn
Jones - Penmachno/Blaenau Ffestiniog/Capel Garmon
Thomas - Abererch/Porthmadog
Evans - Llangelynin/Llanaelhaern
Jones - Pwllheli/Abererch
Brammer - Lincolnshire/Nottinghamshire
Robb - London/Scotland

Offline Carole Evans

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 08 January 19 21:55 GMT (UK) »
I'm so thrilled you replied Glyn.  Thank you.  I hope you are fit and well.  I can't ever remember meeting you.  Perhaps you can remind me if we did meet.  Glynis, my sister, told me today that dad stayed at yours, in Manchester was it?  Dad has also passed in 2003, he was 79.  Mum passed in 1992 aged 71, much too early, I thought she'd reach 100 :-).  I have fond memories of Meurig. I believe his wife was Margaret and I think their daughters were Janet, Sharon and Beth.  I seem to remember seeing their family tree somewhere a few years ago but there was no way I could contact them.  Is the photo of Robert senior or junior? 
Looking forward to your  reply
Carole x

Offline Glynm

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 08 January 19 23:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi again Carole
It is a pity we were not in contact earlier this year then my son and daughter who were organising a surprise party to celebrate our wedding anniversary would of invited you. You would of met some of the family from Wales including Janet, Sharon and Bethan and their children. The photo is of your Great Grandfather wearing a typical drover's hat. I'll dig some more photos out for you
The rules of Rootschat require you to make 3 posting before you can send me a personal message with your e-mail address after which I can send you information about your relatives who are still alive including photos.
Glyn x
Robb - London/Scotland

Offline Carole Evans

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 09 January 19 00:24 GMT (UK) »
Your anniversary THIS year?  It's only the 8th Jan.  Happy anniversary.  How many years is it?  We have Trevor to thank for this.  I've always looked for family and came across this.  It's amazing what and who you find on the internet.  I've been on google maps and seen William's Post Office , the quarry and where the pub was in Clynnog Fawr. The internet is just a wonderful invention!  Glynis and I went down to Llanaelhaern in 2014 and visited Frondeg and a grave, I thought it was Netty's but now I seem to remember it had your name on it so perhaps it was your mum's.  I was looking for Netty's bungalow but didn't find it and can't see it on maps either.  I can't remember if she had children or even if she was dad's sister.  I remember an aunty Clarry or Clarice who was always calling me cariad,  I told mum to tell her my name was Carole.  I now know what she was saying :-)
Please tell me how to send a PM and I'll send you my email address.

Offline Glynm

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 09 January 19 12:34 GMT (UK) »
Carole
The anniversary should have read "last year" a bit of a senior moment on my part, the excuse being it was almost my bedtime when I wrote it.
My parents were cremated and we took their ashes back to Wales and had them buried in Nain and Taid's grave. Nettie is buried in the in the far graveyard beyond the wall. Her bungalow, "Hafan" is just outside the village. From "Frondeg" head towards Caernarfon and after about half a mile you will come to a group of three bungalows the last being Nettie's.
She did have children Len and Roy initially worked for Uncle Meurig at his Monumenntal Masons works on the Quay in Caernarfon. Len went to  Australia for a short time while Roy got married and moved to Criccieth and started his own business which included a slate craft shop by the level crossing in Criccieth where one year he was the mayor. There was also a daughter who is still alive in Australia.
To send me a PM click on my name above the star rating to open my profile and then click on "Send PM". Type message as normal.

Glyn

Robb - London/Scotland