Author Topic: Munro/McGill in Twechar  (Read 3111 times)

Offline Croy Girl

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Munro/McGill in Twechar
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 03 May 18 23:29 BST (UK) »
I have just found your cousin Hugh Mcgill Munros marriage to Alice Friel .1940 on Scotlands people.
Cant believe they were married in Holy cross Croy.Tommy Munro was a witness.The chapel in Twechar wasnt built till 1947.The reason i know this is because my brother in law was the first to be baptised in the new chapel .I also found Elizabeth Munro your cousin who married a Carr.They married in Lennoxtown.Elizabeth died 2001.Im sure you could easily find some of their family .There is a Lennoxtown facebook page that i am on and i found cousins of my mums who stayed there.

Marguerite

Offline fumanchu

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Munro/McGill in Twechar
« Reply #10 on: Friday 04 May 18 07:03 BST (UK) »
Croy Girl I'm an eejit - I forgot my cousins are not Munros, they are Grahams!  ;D
Yes I had an uncle Hector and an uncle Danny. The ones I know of are Danny, Hector, Isabella, Mary, Jimmy, Edward (killed by a tram in Glasgow aged 7), Elizabeth and Theresa. I'm sure there wa sa Tommy as well but I can't remember. Isabelle & Mary went to Canada long ago and I never met them. Danny stayed in Twechar and worked in the pit. Hector went to England. Jimmy moved to Fife. My mum Elizabeth moved to Fife. Theresa stayed in Twechar and married a Tommy Graham and had my cousins.
I'm sure my grandad Hugh McGill Munro had a brother Daniel. I know there was a lady in Canada who was related to me but I've lost the login for Ancestry and also the wee bit of paper with what I know so far  :( My grandad married Elisabeth Cassidy.
The ones who mention in your last post I don't know of.  Hugh who married Alice etc. They might be second cousins. The problem is that my mother didn't talk about her family at all- it's so annoying. By the time you get interested in all this, there's nobody left alive to ask about it!
Thanks very much for this Marguerite, it's kind of you x