Author Topic: Ancestors of Susannah Watkins, born 1800, St. Weonards  (Read 1308 times)

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Ancestors of Susannah Watkins, born 1800, St. Weonards
« on: Saturday 05 May 18 13:42 BST (UK) »
Hello,

Susannah was christened in St. Weonards on the 20th of April 1800, daughter of John and Mary Watkins. I think her parents' marriage was probably in 1787 between John Watkins and Mary Greenaway. I haven't got burial records for either and only speculative christenings.

I'd appreciate any help!

Adam
Lipman family of Aldgate - ends with Lewis Lipman (d. 1871, Bethnal Green), son of John Lipman 'late of Glasgow' (1856)
McGregor family of Fodderty - ends with Alexander McGregor (b. 1765, Fodderty), son of Murdoch McGregor and Kate Stewart

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ancestors of Susannah Watkins, born 1800, St. Weonards
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 09 May 18 08:21 BST (UK) »
Hello,

Susannah was christened in St. Weonards on the 20th of April 1800, daughter of John and Mary Watkins. I think her parents' marriage was probably in 1787 between John Watkins and Mary Greenaway. I haven't got burial records for either and only speculative christenings.

I'd appreciate any help!

Adam

you say speculative christenings
I can only see one possible for Mary Greenaway in that area on IGI
Baptised 1st June 1766 to Richard and Ann Greenaway of Much Dewchurch, ...is that what you have ?...if so it would make her 20-21 at her marriage depending if she married before or after 1st june ...but - it is possible that she wasn't born in Hereford  ??
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 09 May 18 08:45 BST (UK) »
Yes, that's the only one I have for Mary. I have one for John in 1764 in St. Weonards.
Lipman family of Aldgate - ends with Lewis Lipman (d. 1871, Bethnal Green), son of John Lipman 'late of Glasgow' (1856)
McGregor family of Fodderty - ends with Alexander McGregor (b. 1765, Fodderty), son of Murdoch McGregor and Kate Stewart

Offline [Ray]

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • UK Census information Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 09 May 18 09:12 BST (UK) »
Hi Adam

This trio has appeared in at least another thread of yours?

Please mention "duplicate" threads?. Some people get very annoyed when they spend their time duplicating research effort which may have already been covered elsewhere.

Your scatterbomb technique of mentioning/throwing many multiple families has the same effect.

I notice that your "interest" list on your profile is in a random order and contains "duplicates".
I would suggest that it discourages people from actually reading the list.

Rootschatters really do want to help, so why not help Rootschatters to help you?

Cheers!
Ray
"The wise man knows how little he knows, the foolish man does not". My Grandfather & Father.

"You can’t give kindness away.  It keeps coming back". Mark Twain (?).