Author Topic: CUTRIS Family Mildenhall Suffolk and Cheveley & Wood Ditton Cambridgeshire  (Read 758 times)

Offline cilgwyn

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
I am researching the CUTRIS/CUTTRISS family in Mildenhall and have got back to a Charles CUTRIS who was buried there aged 65 in 1829 so therefore born c. 1763/64.  I have found a Charles CUTRISS son of Michael CUTRISS and Sarah ROLF baptised at Cheveley, Cambs on 22 Jul 1764. (Michael and Sarah married at Kirtling in Feb 1764).  I am trying to prove that this is the Charles that moved to Mildenhall.     The only other piece of info I have found which might help to confirm it is the correct one, is that Michael and Sarah had a daughter called Dinah CUTRISS bpt at Wood Ditton 1 Oct 1780 who appears to have married a Thomas MORLEY at Mildenhall in 1804.  There doesn't seem to be a marriage or burial for Charles in Cheveley or Wood Ditton. I haven't found any wills to help with the confirmation.  Has anyone else done any research on the CUTRISS (with the numerous other spellings which there are) which might help me?

Offline Paco

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: CUTRIS Family Mildenhall Suffolk and Cheveley & Wood Ditton Cambridgeshire
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 10 May 18 15:54 BST (UK) »
There are three versions of surname for the Sarah who married Michael- Rolf as you have it, Roofe and also Rosse. I saw the baptism for Charles 22/7/1764 born to Michael and Sarah, and there are several other children born to what appears to be the same family on Family Search. Edmund 26/1/1777;Mary 27/7/1778; Dinah 1/10/1780; John 14/9/1783; Delia 21/10/1785. It also shows Michael's burial as 1/12/1810 Ditton Wood. Bit of a big gap between 1764 and 1777 though!
Regards.
Essex/Dorset/Berks

Offline cilgwyn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: CUTRIS Family Mildenhall Suffolk and Cheveley & Wood Ditton Cambridgeshire
« Reply #2 on: Friday 11 May 18 17:14 BST (UK) »
Thank you for that.  Yes I noticed that large gap between the first and second child although I haven't been able to find an explanation for it.  I would like to be able to prove Charles is the one who later moved to Mildenhall where he married Alice Morley.  The name Michael was not used in subsequent generations which would have helped if it had!