Author Topic: Gnr JJ Roche RFA 1920-'32  (Read 283 times)

Offline 50sqnwopag

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Gnr JJ Roche RFA 1920-'32
« on: Wednesday 09 May 18 14:57 BST (UK) »
How do all,

I've got the service records (Both ww1 RAF, interwar RFA and ww2 Pioneer corps, in which he seems to have had 3 or 4 service numbers during his life) for my gt grandad but am trying to find out more about his time in India, he was there from June '20 -march '27 in 115 battery 25th bde.
   Any ideas of any links or books apart from going to PRO as I am up near glasgow ;-) ....The RA museum archives are u/s until July which is handy ;-).....

thanks

M

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline MaxD

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Gnr JJ Roche RFA 1920-'32
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 09 May 18 16:08 BST (UK) »
Your library (or Google)  may be able to find a copy of BP Hughes History of the Royal Artillery - Between the wars 1919-1939 ISBN 0080409849 which may help in general terms.  I don't see anything at the National Archives.

MaxD
Double  Essex/Suffolk
Randle/Millington Warwicks
Sokser/Klingler Austria/Croatia

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline 50sqnwopag

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Gnr JJ Roche RFA 1920-'32
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 09 May 18 17:14 BST (UK) »
thanks maxd, will have a look for it!

mat