Author Topic: P'cock Cornwall  (Read 5006 times)

Online trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
Re: P'cock Cornwall
« Reply #9 on: Friday 11 May 18 10:30 BST (UK) »
I see Familysearch.Org has the 1805 Baptism as James Marden Dryden.

CornwallOPC has a THOMAS 29-Jul 1803 to Thomas/Joanna.

Tried to find a Will for Thomas who died 1843 with no luck.

There are definitely some missing Baptisms for Thomas/Joannas children.

A GEORGE Dryden married Sarah Jane White 1840 London.
His Father Thomas, occp Agent
(M/C is on a Tree on Anc.)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline osprey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 11 May 18 23:45 BST (UK) »
Thomas who died 1843 did make a will, it's indexed on the Cornwall Record office website and the wills themselves can be accessed via FamilySearch. Thomas leaves everything to his wife Johanna and after her to all his children, share and share alike, no names given, so no help there!

http://crocat.cornwall.gov.uk/DServe/searchpage.htm

Agree with you that there seem to be some missing baptisms and that Thomas who died in Kenwyn seems to be most likely father. His address in 1841 was in Lemon Street so probably comfortably off.

Cornwall: Allen, Bevan, Bosisto, Carnpezzack, Donithorn, Huddy, James, Retallack, Russell, Vincent, Yeoman
Cards: Thomas (Llanbadarn Fawr)
Glam: Bowler, Cram, Galloway, James, Thomas, Watkins
Lincs: Coupland, Cram
Mon: Cram, Gwyn, John, Philpot, Smart, Watkins
Pembs: Edwards (St. Dogmael's)
Yorks: Airey, Bowler, Elliott, Hare, Hewitt, Kellett, Kemp, Stephenson, Tebb

Offline ankerpep_52

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 05 May 19 17:23 BST (UK) »
Hello to Osprey, Trish 1120, Carole W, and Ayashi.
  I wish to thank you all for you considerable research into this Hannah and James Dryden family.  As to where James was born, you spent much time and effort to find answers. I appreciate all that the members of Rootschat do to aide others in their research. My attention in the last several months has been elsewhere, so my research has been very sporatic.  Hannah and Jame's childre were all born between 1842 and 1855, so will be following their
families forward.  Again-Thank you. Janer (ankerpep_52)
BOKOTA-Hampshire & Surrey/ SI(Y)MONDS-Kent, Ldn PAPANICOLAOU-Hampshire /HARTLEY- Derby&Ldn/ SMITH-Ldn/ COLE-Hants & Ldn/ CREED-Berks, Ldn, Oxfordshire/ BRADLEY, DOCWRA & LAND- Islington &Kent/  HUMPHERSTON-Ldn./ ALLEN-Ldn & Surrey/ DOWNEY & DAVIDSON & FITCHARD-NBL & Durham, HARTLEY-Montreal QC Canada
RASMUSSEN-Storring Arhus,& SORENSEN,& JENSEN- Veng,& Hjelmslev, Skanderborg Denmark/HANSEN-Fejo,Fuglse,Maribo,DK

Offline Little Nell

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 05 May 19 21:16 BST (UK) »
Since this has come back up on the radar, I wonder if P'stock is Porthoustock.  The locals pronounce this as 'Prowstock.'  Similarly the village just up the coast - Porthallow - is pronounced 'Pralla.'

Just a thought.

Nell
All census information: Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ankerpep_52

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 06 May 19 04:22 BST (UK) »
Hi "Little Nell"--This area ofP'cock, has stirred up alot of imagination(a true genealogist) but no one seems to have the answer, and I do not have any idea of the names of villages or bergs in England.  This has been a contest of wits, and so many thoughtful possible answers.  Thanks again.  Janet. (ankerpep_52)
BOKOTA-Hampshire & Surrey/ SI(Y)MONDS-Kent, Ldn PAPANICOLAOU-Hampshire /HARTLEY- Derby&Ldn/ SMITH-Ldn/ COLE-Hants & Ldn/ CREED-Berks, Ldn, Oxfordshire/ BRADLEY, DOCWRA & LAND- Islington &Kent/  HUMPHERSTON-Ldn./ ALLEN-Ldn & Surrey/ DOWNEY & DAVIDSON & FITCHARD-NBL & Durham, HARTLEY-Montreal QC Canada
RASMUSSEN-Storring Arhus,& SORENSEN,& JENSEN- Veng,& Hjelmslev, Skanderborg Denmark/HANSEN-Fejo,Fuglse,Maribo,DK

Offline Draith

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 12 August 21 07:24 BST (UK) »
Hi, I don't know if this is it but..Pencuke is a hamlet near Higher Crackington in northeast Cornwall?