Author Topic: 1939 Register  (Read 2998 times)

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
1939 Register
« on: Wednesday 09 May 18 22:50 BST (UK) »
My mother Elsie Jones is living with two of her children at 57 Bron Berwyn Cefn Mawr Denbighshire.I can't find a listing for my father John Edward Jones born 24/02/1907.There is a child born 1938 also missing,I can't name him.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: 1939 Register
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 09 May 18 23:14 BST (UK) »
The child would be blacked out as it could still be living William..could your Father be in the army?
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 09 May 18 23:44 BST (UK) »
Thanks.If he was in the Army he wouldn't be listed?

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 10 May 18 00:03 BST (UK) »
I must confess that this is the first time I've seen this 1939 Register.The first observation I have is that part families living within a particular Household were given seperate listings.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 10 May 18 00:06 BST (UK) »
It's worth reading this if you haven't used the 1939 Register before

http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/help-with-your-research/research-guides/1939-register/
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 10 May 18 00:11 BST (UK) »
The child would be blacked out as it could still be living William..could your Father be in the army?
Carol

Well Carol,the eldest child living with my Mother is still alive.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 10 May 18 00:16 BST (UK) »
Carol

Regards
William Russell Jones.

"Individuals’ records remain closed for 100 years from their date of birth or until proof of death is produced. From 1948 the Register was also used as the National Health Service (NHS) Register, and was updated until 1991, when the paper-based system was discontinued. This included notification of deaths, so the records of people born less than 100 years ago, but whose death was reported to either the National Registration authorities or to the NHS, will be open." 

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 10 May 18 00:19 BST (UK) »
Carol

Regards
William Russell Jones.

"Individuals’ records remain closed for 100 years from their date of birth or until proof of death is produced. From 1948 the Register was also used as the National Health Service (NHS) Register, and was updated until 1991, when the paper-based system was discontinued. This included notification of deaths, so the records of people born less than 100 years ago, but whose death was reported to either the National Registration authorities or to the NHS, will be open."

Well again the eldest child living with my Mother is still alive.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 10 May 18 00:28 BST (UK) »
There is a child born 1938 also missing,I can't name him.

Well again the eldest child living with my Mother is still alive.

Which is why he isn't shown.

If his name is on there and he is still alive, it has been opened by mistake and if he contacts Ancestry or Find My Past, they will close it again.

This happened with two of my aunts who were born in 1916, so their records were opened in 2016 - they were both still alive and had just celebrated their 100th birthdays. I contacted FindMyPast who apologised and said they would close them if my aunts confirmed they were still living. However they both decided they didn't mind, so we left the records open.