Author Topic: 1939 Register  (Read 2999 times)

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: 1939 Register
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 10 May 18 08:06 BST (UK) »
There is a child born 1938 also missing,I can't name him.

Well again the eldest child living with my Mother is still alive.

Which is why he isn't shown.

If his name is on there and he is still alive, it has been opened by mistake and if he contacts Ancestry or Find My Past, they will close it again.

This happened with two of my aunts who were born in 1916, so their records were opened in 2016 - they were both still alive and had just celebrated their 100th birthdays. I contacted FindMyPast who apologised and said they would close them if my aunts confirmed they were still living. However they both decided they didn't mind, so we left the records open.

Thanks once again.I will contact my eldest brother later this morning to ask his views on this.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 10 May 18 10:46 BST (UK) »
I have learnt this morning from my eldest brother that my Father was indeed in the Army at this time.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline carol8353

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me,mum and dad and both gran's c 1955
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 10 May 18 10:46 BST (UK) »
How do you prove to FindMyPast or Ancestry that you're still alive,easier to prove that someone has died  ;D

The 1939 register was transcribed in columns going downwards ,so we have noticed that some records are not lined up properly ,hence a few people still alive slipping through the net.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline carol8353

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 10 May 18 10:48 BST (UK) »
I have learnt this morning from my eldest brother that my Father was indeed in the Army at this time.

Regards
William Russell Jones.

Those in the Army were not at home in 1939 and therefore do not appear with the family.
They might be elsewhere in the country as with my grandad,or could have been serving abroad by then.

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 10 May 18 11:11 BST (UK) »

Regards
William Russell Jones.

Those in the Army were not at home in 1939 and therefore do not appear with the family.
They might be elsewhere in the country as with my grandad,or could have been serving abroad by then.
[/quote

I think its well worth noting that my Mother Elsie Jones and her then three children were living in the same household,57 Bron Berwyn Cefn Mawr Denbighshire as my Grandparents W Simon and Lucy Jones,heir daughter Lizzie(25/03/1911) and Lizzie's daughter full name Margaret Irene.Yet my Mother and her children are recorded in a separate transcription to the others on Ancestry.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline carol8353

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 10 May 18 11:21 BST (UK) »

I think its well worth noting that my Mother Elsie Jones and her then three children were living in the same household,57 Bron Berwyn Cefn Mawr Denbighshire as my Grandparents W Simon and Lucy Jones,heir daughter Lizzie(25/03/1911) and Lizzie's daughter full name Margaret Irene.Yet my Mother and her children are recorded in a separate transcription to the others on Ancestry.

Regards
William Russell Jones.

You need to look at the actual image and you will probably find that they are under 2 separate households and therefore 2 separate schedule numbers.

Offline tjugg

• RootsChat Extra
  • Bosun
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 10 May 18 11:46 BST (UK) »
I have just looked up my mother on the 1939 and she is there but someone has crossed through her maiden surname and in red pen inserted her married name!  She did not marry until 1945 why on earth did someone take the trouble to do that?

Linda
Blunden Dorset and Surrey
Rayner Suffolk and Sussex
Norris and Wellman Dorset
Wheatley Yorkshire and Suffolk

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 10 May 18 12:24 BST (UK) »
I have just looked up my mother on the 1939 and she is there but someone has crossed through her maiden surname and in red pen inserted her married name!  She did not marry until 1945 why on earth did someone take the trouble to do that?

Linda

That is standard practice. The register was used for the NHS and was updated until about 1991. So when someone changed their name on marriage the register was amended. Very useful!
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline tjugg

• RootsChat Extra
  • Bosun
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 10 May 18 12:43 BST (UK) »
Thanks Groom it does make sense!

Linda
Blunden Dorset and Surrey
Rayner Suffolk and Sussex
Norris and Wellman Dorset