Author Topic: Marriage c1742  (Read 1375 times)

Offline Penninah

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Great Grandpa William Hillman
    • View Profile
Marriage c1742
« on: Thursday 10 May 18 14:10 BST (UK) »
Hello,

Could anyone suggest a source for Dorset marriages c1742? I have tried Dorset OPC, Familysearch and Ancestry and have had no luck. The groom was from Child Okeford and they settled in Tarrant Gunville.

Thanks,
Penninah
Doling- Middlesex/London +Hants, Morgan- London/Middlesex +Glouc, Vincent- London/Middlesex, Wambach (+Hamburg & Suffolk), Wadley & Wilkins.<br /><br />NORTHUMBERLAND; English, Huggup & Webster.<br />HANTS; Heath<br /><br />Any census info is crown copywright

Online rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage c1742
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 10 May 18 14:32 BST (UK) »
FindMyPast has marriage transcripts for Child Okeford & Tarrant Gunville for that year
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Penninah

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 10 May 18 14:35 BST (UK) »
Then they must have married elsewhere, I have tried the search on findmypast and he doesn't come up at all.

Doling- Middlesex/London +Hants, Morgan- London/Middlesex +Glouc, Vincent- London/Middlesex, Wambach (+Hamburg & Suffolk), Wadley & Wilkins.<br /><br />NORTHUMBERLAND; English, Huggup & Webster.<br />HANTS; Heath<br /><br />Any census info is crown copywright

Online rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 10 May 18 14:36 BST (UK) »
Who are you looking for

Offline Penninah

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 10 May 18 14:40 BST (UK) »
I've posted before with no luck. I am sure they married but perhaps the record is not online or lost for whatever reason.

His name was Martin/Marten Frampton Ames/Hames. He married a Mary c1742 He was born 1721 to Thomas Ames and Mary Frampton in Child Okeford.

Online rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 10 May 18 15:31 BST (UK) »
I can't see a marriage for them either, sorry.

Offline Penninah

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 10 May 18 20:39 BST (UK) »
Thank you.

I have tried several times over the years in the hope new records come online. Hopefully one day I will find who Mary belongs to.

Offline RRYFS

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 29 May 18 21:38 BST (UK) »
I have also had issues finding marriages in the Tarrants, despite records existing in the Dorset FHS transcriptions on FindMyPast. Due to the likely dates, my current feeling is that perhaps the bride was from Blandford and the records perished in the fire. As your's is rather later, that obviously doesn't work for you. Perhaps the parish suffered an unreliable curate.
Leicestershire - Yates, Wright, Pole, Blakesley
Dorset - Tilley, Hunt
Dorset/Somerset - Rogers
Dorset/Southampton - Trodd

Offline Penninah

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 30 May 18 00:44 BST (UK) »
There has got to be a reason that I cannot find the marriage, I have tried everything. My guess would be the latter, unreliable curate. Which doesn't help me much.. I know from the research I have been doing on her husbands family that the names Penninah and Walter (two of their children) do not feature so my guess is they came from the mothers side so perhaps that is all I will ever have to go on.