Author Topic: Parents of Elizabeth Purefoy?  (Read 2348 times)

Offline willsy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Parents of Elizabeth Purefoy?
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 13 May 18 22:48 BST (UK) »
I think the will for Ann Bent now Freeman maybe the one online dated 1707 year range 1709,  as she names the Perkins family

Sister  Ann Greenwood widow and to her daughter ELizabeth

Plenty of Cosins and Thomas Perkins of Kilby

Willsy

Ward, Newark (Nottingham), Leicester, Scarborough
Warren, Northampton, Leicester
Moore, Leicestershire
Hunt, Leicestershire
Kirkman, Leicestershire
Hurst, Leicester, Stowmarket
Kendrick, Leicestershire
Eld, Leicestershire
Essex Edey/Eady Elsden/Elsdon

Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright from National Archives

Offline willsy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 13 May 18 23:25 BST (UK) »
The other surname of note there seems to be Cracroft looking at the registers but I still can't quite connect it all up enough!
Willsy

Ward, Newark (Nottingham), Leicester, Scarborough
Warren, Northampton, Leicester
Moore, Leicestershire
Hunt, Leicestershire
Kirkman, Leicestershire
Hurst, Leicester, Stowmarket
Kendrick, Leicestershire
Eld, Leicestershire
Essex Edey/Eady Elsden/Elsdon

Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright from National Archives

Offline Taylor94

• RootsChat Veteran
  • My grt grt grandfather, after capture WW1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 31 May 18 17:06 BST (UK) »
Just going back over this.
Yes It's hard to piece this especially as people are calling others their cousins but I think they might be cousins through marriage and not blood.

I'm starting to think that William Bent brother in law Andrew is actually the husband of his sister Ann or some other connection and not of his wife as I can see no marriage anywhere for a William Bent to a Freeman. Only marriage is the William to Elizabeth Purefoy.
The only problem is his sister Ann would be in her 50s so this cant be her and there is no William baptised to the Richard Bent who is baptising in Cosby in the 1620s
William and Elizabeth have a son called Francis Bent bapt 1623 Cosby, But a Francis Bent is also baptised in Cosby 1627 son of a Richard Bent.
A Francis Bent marries an Ann Perkins in Willouhby Waterless 1656 and is listed 'Of Cosby'

An Ann Bent is also baptised to Richard 1628 so I'm thinking that this is the Ann who married Andrew Freeman and the Perkins cousins she mentions are through her brother Francis.

So I'm not really sure why this William calls Andrew Freeman his brother in law when i can find nothing linking William at the least it looks like William was a cousin to Ann who married Andrew???
Or this Will for William Bent 1679 isnt for my William who was born 1597?
Richard Dudley of Cosby. Gent
George Bent of Cosby. Gent
William Black of Kilby. Gent
Bernard Cotton of Dadlington. Esq
Sir Thomas Halford of Wistow. Bart
Richard Swynfen of Sutton Cheney. Gent
John Cotes of Aylestone. Gent
John Freeston of East Norton. Gent
Sir John Bernard of Abington.
Edward Shuckburgh of Naseby. Esq
Richard Worsley of Deeping. Esq
Thomas Hobson of Glen. Gent
John Grant of Stretton Parva. Gent
John Miles of Heanley Hall. Gent
Thomas Dabridgecourt. Esq
Sir Clement Edmondes

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Family's Links 19th Cent
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 09 February 19 21:39 GMT (UK) »
Hello

Looked in my Manor of Stockingford, Local History Collection (ancient Stockingford abutted Hartshill, Bretts Hall, Ansley, Arley, Robesons End, circled the tiny common of Galley Common originally a plot and part of Medieval Stockingford and to the East abutted Nuneaton Common), to see what I can find.

Purefoy Tablets
Because the Purefoy of Caldecote Tablets were found near Ansley Hall, I kept a copy from Vol. 79 of the Birmingham Archaeological Society's Transactions for my personal Collection regarding Purefoy (I have scanned and attached).

Somewhere I have a newspaper cutting of the find too, but it could take days or months to find (I have filing, but no indexing) and intended marrying these two items up together when I last the saw the cutting.

Howard E. Brown was a local Archaeologist along with Charles Clark (Late Mr S. C. Clark, Lindley House, Lindley, Nuneaton), others mentioned were Mr E. J. Holdam; Mr C. J. Tompkin and Mr C. Bugby.

Publications etc.
I presume you have accessed Dugdale's History of Warwickshire (17th Century) and 1730?

Reference to John Nichols - History and Antiquities of the County of Leicester too.

Notes on Medieval English Geneaology
This is a good site (I have picked up the Leicestershire link), for links to publications
http://www.medievalgenealogy.org.uk/och/leicestershire.shtml

The National Archives (TNA), Kew.
See 'Visit Us' pages online first before going if you need to apply for, or renew a 'Readers Ticket' (as photographic Proof of the applicant's ID (e.g. Passport) and printed proofs of recent Address etc., are required).

Purefoy (TNA, 1400 to 1700 search results)
http://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/results/r?_ep=Purefoy&_dss=range&_sd=1400&_ed=1700&_ro=any&_st=adv

Mark