Author Topic: Grave images Needed from Prospect and Mt Pleasant Cemeteries, Toronto  (Read 835 times)

Offline Lumber-Jack

• RootsChat Senior
  • Old Josiah
    • View Profile
Hi Rootschatters,
 I am finishing a book on the history of Cumberland United Church, Ontario, for our 190th anniversary. It contains the biographies of all our Ministers since 1828! I am missing a couple of images of their graves, which I need before going to print. I was hoping that someone living close to the cemeteries would be kind enough to take some digital images of the full grave headstone or ground stone. These are the coordinates....I have no proof that there are any markers but I am hoping so. I have tried all the databases on Canadian headstones and so far no luck. Thanks as always, L-J

Reverend Peter Lindsay (1820-1912).....section 14 lot 238N    Prospect Cemetery ( the plot belonged to his daughter Margaret Lindsay)

Reverend William Anderson (1831-1916) ....plot C section 12 lot 14  Mt Pleasant Cemetery
Wife of Anderson.....Elizabeth Waters (1841- 1915) ......Plot O section 65, lot 3 Mt Pleasant Cemetery
Cook, Coggins, Rutherford, Wheatley - Northumberland, Cumberland, Scotland, Australia
Baker, Tayler-  Sussex

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: Grave images Needed from Prospect and Mt Pleasant Cemeteries, Toronto
« Reply #1 on: Friday 11 May 18 08:13 BST (UK) »
Hi,

If nothing materialises on here. Try RAOGK volunteer in Toronto - 5 th on this list

https://www.raogk.org/lookups/region/ontario/

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline Lumber-Jack

• RootsChat Senior
  • Old Josiah
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 11 May 18 12:54 BST (UK) »
Thanks Sandra...this is a great lead!  I am getting desperate! L-J
Cook, Coggins, Rutherford, Wheatley - Northumberland, Cumberland, Scotland, Australia
Baker, Tayler-  Sussex

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 11 May 18 13:09 BST (UK) »
Good Luck.  Let us know if you have success. it is always nice to know which volunteers are helpful.

Sandra  ;)
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline Lumber-Jack

• RootsChat Senior
  • Old Josiah
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 11 May 18 14:01 BST (UK) »
Thanks Sandra, to help, I sent maps and airphotos of the graves to show that they exist and to make them easy to find.......google maps amd hybrid photomaps are a real boon. L-J....if you want to see the email as an example, I could copy you if i knew how!!!
Baker, Tayler-  Sussex