Author Topic: Mobile Phone.  (Read 1286 times)

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Mobile Phone.
« on: Monday 14 May 18 12:43 BST (UK) »
Can anyone help me with a problem I'm having with my Mobile Phone please?When I make calls with my Phone I always have to use the "Speaker On" function.However this morning in trying to make calls the  response has been almost silent.The general Sound on the Phone is at maximum.One poimt to make is that I'm techno illiterate!Its an achievement for me to use the On/Off function.lolI'm told that there is something you can adjust in Settings as one or two kind people have been able to adjust something for me when this has happened in the past?

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Mobile Phone.
« Reply #1 on: Monday 14 May 18 13:01 BST (UK) »
Just a thought, WR, as I did this last week - took me a few minutes to work out what I'd done. 
Have you accidentally pressed the mute key - when using the phone it's  bottom right on my screen.

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 14 May 18 13:16 BST (UK) »
Just a thought, WR, as I did this last week - took me a few minutes to work out what I'd done. 
Have you accidentally pressed the mute key - when using the phone it's  bottom right on my screen.

Gadget

Thanks,its entirely possible.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 14 May 18 13:29 BST (UK) »
What sort of phone do you have William? Knowing the brand and model number may help others to help you.  :)

If I have a problem with my phone my first port of call is usually Google.  :)

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 14 May 18 14:38 BST (UK) »
What sort of phone do you have William? Knowing the brand and model number may help others to help you.  :)

If I have a problem with my phone my first port of call is usually Google.  :)

It is a HTC Desire 650.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline purlin

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 14 May 18 18:36 BST (UK) »
Try this William,
I think you should be able to configure via the following 'Setting defaults'.

Setting default apps

In Settings, you can choose default apps for web browsing, text messaging, and more.

1.  From the Home screen, tap the symbol of 9 dots , and then find and tap Settings.
2.  Tap Apps.
3.  Tap the symbol of 3 dots >Configure apps > Default apps.
Choose your default assist and voice input, web browser, phone, and text messaging apps.
Crosbie, Crosby, Black, Woods, Johnstone, Kelly, Howatt, McMillan, Wauchope Scott, Smith, Gibbons, Roberts, Hildred, Jones, Hughes. Curran, Palmer. Hughes, Jones, Wilcox, wilbraham, owen
Liverpool, Dumfriesshire, Kirkudbrightshire, Cheshire, Flintshire, llanrwst, trefriw, Lincolnshire, America, Canada, New Zealand.

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 14 May 18 23:21 BST (UK) »
Let us know if purlin's suggestion works.  :)

(I was hoping your phone would be an Iphone or Samsung because I can get help with those)  ;)

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 15 May 18 08:03 BST (UK) »
Try this William,
I think you should be able to configure via the following 'Setting defaults'.

Setting default apps

In Settings, you can choose default apps for web browsing, text messaging, and more.

1.  From the Home screen, tap the symbol of 9 dots , and then find and tap Settings.
2.  Tap Apps.
3.  Tap the symbol of 3 dots >Configure apps > Default apps.
Choose your default assist and voice input, web browser, phone, and text messaging apps.

Many thanks.

Regards
William Russell  Jones.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire