Author Topic: Joseph Kent, Master Mariner  (Read 2055 times)

Offline nikitah

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Joseph Kent, Master Mariner
« Reply #18 on: Monday 09 July 18 21:48 BST (UK) »
Mabel thanks for the clarification ::) I think I have found William and Elizabeth's marriage 27 December 1827 at Temple Bristol, I need to link all these up to Kate, who if we are on the right track would be Joseph's daughter, the only time she mentions being born at sea  is in the 1911 census, then from her marriage to John/ Robert Huthart/ Huddart when she tells us her father was Joseph Kent deceased,  occupation, master mariner, they married at Carlisle June 8th 1883, both 22yrs old, John's father was also Joseph his occupation was labourer, so going by that she had no reason to make it up. Many thanks, Nikitah.

Offline nikitah

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Joseph Kent, Master Mariner
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 12 July 18 18:53 BST (UK) »
Forget the Gower death. Looks like this Joseph Kent died at Dreadnought Seamen's Hospital, age 53 ?, 28 January  1882 of pneumonia, the death is on freebmd  age 51, this would also fit with Kate's, Joseph being deceased at the time of her marriage in 1883, this Joseph Kent was on the "Mars" at the time of him being admitted to hospital, he was also recorded as being Master and his address was given as, Cross Head, Lower Hillgate, Does anyone know what will be recorded on a death certificate for 1882? in England?. Nikitah.