Author Topic: WAAF Postings  (Read 2830 times)

Offline rafcommands

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: WAAF Postings
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 14 April 19 16:52 BST (UK) »
No.11 SofTT was notionally based at RAF Station Hereford. RAF Station West Raynham circa Sept 1943 was non flying due to reconstruction works.

Without sight of the service record context I'm only guessing on your interpretation but is it possible that the entries in question contain an A?

This means attached to the unit but not on the posted strength - the inference is she was posted to West Raynham and remained on the unit strength but was attached to No.11 SofTT Hereford for the month duration of course.

Ross
Sea Losses of RAF Aircraft 1918 to date.

RAF Coastal Command 1939-45.

Between the Wars RAF Officers and Warrant Officers.

Offline bobyoung

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: WAAF Postings
« Reply #19 on: Monday 15 April 19 08:03 BST (UK) »
Good morning Ross

Thanks again.  Yes, this is a very strange entry.  I give details below plus the 3 prior entries as these link in, I think.

82/43         -     Swanton Morley        H      ?       23.04.43 (date of movement)
222/43       -     West Raynham (9)     -      -       10.09.43   
/                -     Swanton Morley         -      -            -
184/43       -     11s of TT                  H      B      09.10. 43

On the last entry, overwritten faintly (pencil?) in the first 2 columns is "W RAYNHAM PORS"

In the mustering column are the following related entries.

ut Inst. Rpn.  23.06.43
U/T SEW (2)    7.10.43
SEA (5)         28.10.43

Again any help would be much appreciated.

Subject to any further feedback from you, I have now written up my mum's war service, including details of RAF stations served at and with supplementary information and photographs.  It is a 23-page WORD document so can be transferred electronically.  Is there anywhere that this can be posted on line for historical purposes?

Happy to send you a personal copy if you let me have your email.  My email is bob.young@y-c-s.co.uk.

Thanks again for your help, Ross.  Very much appreciated.

Bob