Author Topic: MCMAHON  (Read 5388 times)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: MCMAHON
« Reply #18 on: Monday 28 May 18 01:05 BST (UK) »
From the 1902 marriage .... what info is recorded about the bride ... it should include her origins, age, nee name, parents etc.  Official transcriptions of NSW certs are reliable family history docs.

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline yasi123

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 28 May 18 01:11 BST (UK) »
thank you will  search out the certificates

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 28 May 18 01:18 BST (UK) »
The 1902 official transcript would be my choice because the 1880 one may not have the fuller details. 

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 28 May 18 02:02 BST (UK) »
You should also be able to glean Mary Jane's origins from the official transcriptions of the NSW birth certs of her children, but those birth documents won't give you info about her parents.

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,300394.0.html  Transcription Agents  :)

JM

Offline yasi123

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 28 May 18 03:17 BST (UK) »
thank you for  help

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 28 May 18 05:18 BST (UK) »
At the online index for NSW BDM, there's two reference numbers under 'births' that may be of interest.

One is for an Early Church Record, ie of a baptism for a baby named as Mary Jane, with her parents as James & Rosanna CONNOR.  This is for a baptism in 1863, found in Volume 121B at line 3773.
The other is for a civil registration of a birth, for a Female (no Christian name given), with parents as James & Rosanna CONNOR, birth registered Paterson District of NSW. Reference no. 11849. This entry on that INDEX drills down to 12 July 1863. 

I notice that Judith already mentioned that the 1939 death registration for Mary Jane ANDREWS has her parents as James and Rosanna.  :)  See reply #15

could it be mary jane  was born in Australia and not in England ,

Indexes are helpful hints, but you should consider obtaining the official transcriptions to confirm/validate your research or at least eliminate some of the possibles...  :)

JM

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 28 May 18 05:26 BST (UK) »
 :)  :)  :) look at the location .... speculative, but ...  ;D

NSW ER 1870 THE PATERSON
James O’CONNERS, leaseholder, at Brecon.

JM

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 28 May 18 05:27 BST (UK) »
NSW ER 1878 THE PATERSON
James O’CONNERS, leaseholder, at Big Creek

JM

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday 28 May 18 06:15 BST (UK) »
NSW ER 1870 THE PATERSON
Francis SLAVIN, leasehold, Brecon.

JM