Author Topic: Searching for Parents of George Randall (born around 1823)  (Read 12884 times)

Offline tonyros

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Searching for Parents of George Randall (born around 1823)
« Reply #153 on: Thursday 26 August 21 02:19 BST (UK) »
The following should help re EXILES...

In 1851 Victoria (Port Phillip District) separated from New South Wales. Apart from the early attempts at settlement, the only convicts sent directly to Victoria from Britain were about 1,750 convicts known as the 'Exiles'. They arrived between 1844 and 1849. They were also referred to as the 'Pentonvillians' because most of them came from Pentonville Probationary Prison in England.

Regards...Tony
HAMPSHIRE - Williams, Janeway
JERSEY - Williams, Lakin, Coombes
NOTTS - Palethorpe
GLOUCESTERSHIRE - Preen
OTHER - Randall, Howe, Godfrey, Jones, Hill, Jackson, Hyrdess, Summers

Offline Dee Lusional

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: Friday 27 August 21 14:06 BST (UK) »
Hi Tony, Sorry for the late reply, such a lot going on here. This is such interesting information you've given me, different from the family story of how George arrived here. Thanks also for the information about the Exiles. My grandfather is Walter Randall, son of George Randall and Ellen Janeway. My grandfather remembered playing on the floor at Dingley Dell when is was a small child.

Kind regards,
Belle, Queensland

Offline Links Rechts

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: Saturday 20 November 21 12:24 GMT (UK) »
Hello Great Aunt Belle,

Thank you all for following up the ancestry of the Randall family, I have just delved into this site this evening after gaining access to the .ged ancestry files and finding links to this forum. My father had them sitting on the family laptop for quite a while until I found them.

Kind regards,
Lukas, NSW