Author Topic: Descendents of Quigley twins born Clones, 1913  (Read 2690 times)

Offline myluck!

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Descendents of Quigley twins born Clones, 1913
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 31 May 18 18:41 BST (UK) »
If rathmore's find is correct

Kathleen QUIGLEY; Sr. W. Phillip travelled from New York to Cobh on the SS Washington
on Jul 06 1949 aged 36
She was a naturalised US citizen since 6/10/40 (presumable US order of Jun 10 1940)
Her address was given as Ursuline Convent, Blue Point, LI NY

LINK to article about Sr. Philip(Kathleen) and her sister Sr. Martha
It doesn't state if Martha was a birth name or name in religion but does state she was 73 years old at the time of writing which was 1985 implies born c1912

Philip QUIGLEY and Mary Anne BEGGAN had a daughter Mary Elizabeth on April 15 1912 LINK #170

Martha Quigley died Aug 10 1995 in New York; DoB 15 Apr 1912
Last Residence: 11432 Jamaica, Queens, New York, USA
Kearney & Bourke/ Johns & Fox/ Mannion & Finan/ Donohoe & Curley
Byrne [Carthy], Keeffe/ Germaine, Butler/ McDermott, Giblin/ Lally, Dolan
Toole, Doran; Dowling, Grogan/ Reilly, Burke; Warren, Kidd [Lawless]/ Smith, Scally; Mangan, Rodgers/ Fahy, Calday; Staunton, Miller
Further generations:
Brophy Coleman Eathorn(e) Fahy Fitzpatrick Geraghty Haverty Keane Keogh Nowlan Rowe Walder

Offline myluck!

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Descendents of Quigley twins born Clones, 1913
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 31 May 18 19:23 BST (UK) »
There is a family tree on ancestry that shows Theresa Frances QUIGLEY married John O'BRIEN as suggested
There are no children shown, although that does not imply she didn't have any.
She died in 1994
Toole, Doran; Dowling, Grogan/ Reilly, Burke; Warren, Kidd [Lawless]/ Smith, Scally; Mangan, Rodgers/ Fahy, Calday; Staunton, Miller
Further generations:
Brophy Coleman Eathorn(e) Fahy Fitzpatrick Geraghty Haverty Keane Keogh Nowlan Rowe Walder

Offline Smedrockd

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 02 June 18 10:59 BST (UK) »
Thanks again to everyone for their contributions.  I have to say I’m impressed with you lot.

I'm glad you said that hallmark – I thought Dodson was the best match too. 

The info on Annie McGinn’s pub is also useful – if I don’t contact them I’d like to visit sometime!

Thanks myluck! For the details on the Beggans/Beagans, and for the tip to look in PRONI records.

Rathmore, I appreciate the birth record - I would never have made the link with Phillippus Quigly.
Not sure about the nun(s), but anything’s possible

Overall, some useful background but I’m still not sure it’s my family, although there’s some consistencies.  The Kathleen at Theresa’s marriage in Dublin is looking less like our Kathleen from Clones, as there was a Kathleen Dodson who had been living nearby in Rathmines (from 1911 census) and who would’ve been 35 at the time of the marriage.  Theresa might be hard to trace too – there are not a shortage John O’Briens out there.

I also need to work on finding siblings for Philip Quigley (b.1871).

I any case, your suggestions have helped me make lots of progress

Offline myluck!

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 02 June 18 11:16 BST (UK) »
based on the family tree link on myheritage where there are photographs and specific details I would be confident that the Kathleen QUIGLEY was Sr. Philip as described.
Also based on the date of birth given at the time of the death of Sr. Martha that she was Mary Elizabeth QUIGLEY.
It doesn't help locate Teresa immediately but I would start by contacting that tree owner who must be in some way closely connected.
Further generations: