Author Topic: Southend-on-Sea burials help please?  (Read 3141 times)

Offline ec

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Southend-on-Sea burials help please?
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 16 June 18 10:55 BST (UK) »
Hi

They don't appear to be in the North Road burial ground - list of interments is here

http://www.blade-education.org.uk/nrbg/

regards

ec

Offline Karen McDonald

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • ** THINK POSITIVE! **
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 04 November 18 21:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi Trixie,

Did you get any further?

If not, this E-Mail address might help:

Bereavementservices@southend.gov.uk

They are responsible for enquiries re: burials in Southend.

Best regards,
Karen
(an Essex girl in Germany  ;D)
McDonald MacDonald M'Donald McGregor MacGregor M'Gregor Twilley Wells Fentiman Carrington Rowe Needham Mitchell Mackie Collingwood Fuller Maides Shilton Hagon Budd

Offline Martin17

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 25 December 18 18:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi Trixie

Sutton Road, Southend on Sea, Essex is the main crematorium in the Southend on Sea area and directly across the road is a massive, massive graveyard. It is possible that either one of these could be the last resting place of your ancestor. Good luck.

Regards

Martin
Warwick- Farnham Essex, Pelhams, Hadhams & Bishops Stortford Hertfordshire, Lee Kent.

Offline Martin17

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 25 December 18 19:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi Trixie

The address for the cemetery is Sutton Road Cemetry, Southend on Sea, Essex SS2 5PX or telephone 01702 603907. Hope this helps.

Regards

Martin
Warwick- Farnham Essex, Pelhams, Hadhams & Bishops Stortford Hertfordshire, Lee Kent.

Offline ER5418

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 01 April 20 10:05 BST (UK) »
Hello I have been asked to message you by my mum who thinks she might be distantly related to you. She is related to Robert Alexander Whitchelo and lived in Harcourt Avenue, Southend on Sea. My mum is now 82 years old and lives round the corner from her old home. The cemetery you mention is Sutton Road Cemetary, where her mum and relatives are buried. Are you still looking for details? My mum spotted your initial message from 2018 on the web when doing a search on her family members. Thanks

Offline Martin17

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 01 April 20 11:28 BST (UK) »
Hi ER5418

Thank you for your reply. I do not believe we are related, I put the address of the cemetery on the system as I live a few miles away from the cemetery and thought it would help by putting the contact details and location, as the enquiry was from someone in Australia.

Good luck with your research.

Regards

Martin

Offline ER5418

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 01 April 20 11:39 BST (UK) »
Hi Martin, thank you for responding. I intended the response for Trixie, sorry if I posted this in the wrong bit. I think my family might be related to her as we have been researching the same person, I was hoping to get the message to her.

Thanks
Emma

Offline Trixie_au

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 01 April 20 15:32 BST (UK) »
Hi Martin, thank you for responding. I intended the response for Trixie, sorry if I posted this in the wrong bit. I think my family might be related to her as we have been researching the same person, I was hoping to get the message to her.

Thanks
Emma

Thanks so much Emma, I’ve replied to your private message now. I’m thrilled to receive your message, yes we are definitely related. Talk soon!

Offline Julie Wedlock

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 24 May 20 00:01 BST (UK) »
Hi there I live just round the corner from North Road Cemetery as I to live in Chelmsford Ave, just off Harcourt, so if you would like I could have a look for the person(s) and take a photo of the grave if I find it?
Julie