Author Topic: Looking for twins  (Read 636 times)

Offline SusanKAH

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Looking for twins
« on: Sunday 03 June 18 09:59 BST (UK) »
This is my first posting so bear with me!
I am looking for twin girls their birth was registered in the quarter ending June 1950's in Sheffield. Mother of the twins was J n K and their father R F. As they say "they may learn something to their advantage". Hope someone can help.

Offline philipsearching

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I was a beautiful baby - what went wrong?
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for twins
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 03 June 18 10:19 BST (UK) »
Greetings, and a warm welcome to Rootschat.

Rootschat policy is that the names of living people must not be posted.  This makes it unlikely that we can help much with your search.  However, we can offer suggestions on where you could look.

The first place to look is FreeBMD https://www.freebmd.org.uk/ which has BMD records indexed up to 1983.  This could give a lead on a marriage.  If you find a marriage, this will enable you to check for births using the father's surname and mother's maiden name.  After that, it's a case of using paysites to find addresses on electoral rolls or in telephone directories.

Hope this helps (even if only a little!)
Philip
Please help me to help you by citing sources for information.

Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline avm228

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Foster
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 03 June 18 10:45 BST (UK) »
Welcome :)

Philip gives very good advice.  It is fair to say, however, that the search for the twins would be easier if their given names were more unusual for their time.

I see that their mother June Foster nee Kahler, born 9 Mar 1928, died in early 2005 in East Yorkshire.  There is a possible probate entry for her, showing a date of death of 17 January 2005:

https://probatesearch.service.gov.uk/Wills?surname=Foster&yearOfDeath=2005&firstName=June&advancedSearch=True&IsGrantSearch=True#wills

(Scroll down in the link to the first entry in the results list).

Ordering the will and grant of probate may be useful to you as it may tell you her daughters’ married names and possibly also contact details.
Ayr: Barnes, Wylie
Caithness: MacGregor
Essex: Eldred (Pebmarsh)
Gloucs: Timbrell (Winchcomb)
Hants: Stares (Wickham)
Lincs: Maw, Jackson (Epworth, Belton)
London: Pierce
Suffolk: Markham (Framlingham)
Surrey: Gosling (Richmond)
Wilts: Matthews, Tarrant (Calne, Preshute)
Worcs: Milward (Redditch)
Yorks: Beaumont, Crook, Moore, Styring (Huddersfield); Middleton (Church Fenton); Exley, Gelder (High Hoyland); Barnes, Birchinall (Sheffield); Kenyon, Wood (Cumberworth/Denby Dale)

Offline SusanKAH

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for twins
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 03 June 18 13:27 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much for getting back to me so promptly I will follow the tips you have given me to try and trace the twins. I apologise for my mistake and bear this in mind for future requests.
Thanks again