Author Topic: Elizabeth BLAKE nee HARRIS - can't find her death  (Read 618 times)

Offline ghostgirl

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Elizabeth BLAKE nee HARRIS - can't find her death
« on: Wednesday 06 June 18 02:30 BST (UK) »
Hi - Elizabeth HARRIS married Andrew James BLAKE in 1877 in the Wentworth district, NSW. The couple had six children, all born in the Wentworth district.  The youngest, Bertram, was born in 1890 but died in 1891, again, in Wentworth.

Andrew and the kids then turn up in the 1890's in Norseman, WA. They lived there and in Ravensthorpe.

However, there is nothing to indicate that Elizabeth moved there with them so I suspect she died in NSW. There are 3 possible deaths between 1890 and 1900:
BLAKE  ELIZA             No  13736/1890 daughter of  JOSEPH  and LAVINIA    at  WENTWORTH

BLAKE  ELIZABETH A  No 7324/1898   daughter of GEORGE A  and    SARAH A    at  TUMBARUMBA

BLAKE  ELIZABETH     No 13059/1898     Parents Unknown               at          BEGA

I suspect the first one at Wentworth is the correct one, but can't find any death notices on Trove, and I am reluctant to invest in a certificate!! I don't have any subscriptions to the paid websites - is there anyone who can help me to confirm or rule out the three above deaths please? Or point me in another direction?

Thank you!

Burt - Cornwall, Lancashire, Essex
Rayner - Middlesex, Essex
Franklin - Essex
Freestone - Cambridgeshire
Lodge - Essex
Soutar - Scotland
Sellers - Scotland, Vic, Australia
Blobel - Australia
Kluge - Australia
Williams - Cornwall and Lancashire

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth BLAKE nee HARRIS - can't find her death
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 06 June 18 03:37 BST (UK) »
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline ghostgirl

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth BLAKE nee HARRIS - can't find her death
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 06 June 18 06:41 BST (UK) »
I accidentally posted the same enquiry twice!! ANy idea how I can delete this thread and just leave the other one active?
Burt - Cornwall, Lancashire, Essex
Rayner - Middlesex, Essex
Franklin - Essex
Freestone - Cambridgeshire
Lodge - Essex
Soutar - Scotland
Sellers - Scotland, Vic, Australia
Blobel - Australia
Kluge - Australia
Williams - Cornwall and Lancashire