Author Topic: Jane Tindall  (Read 6264 times)

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
Re: Jane Tindall
« Reply #63 on: Monday 24 September 18 00:48 BST (UK) »
I agree, I see no evidence that Danial Snr married an Amelia Jane.

There are no Amelia children within the family line, but there are Jane’s.

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Monday 24 September 18 01:08 BST (UK) »
And, one of my elderly rellies (he a retired NSW BDM senior officer) has phoned me to say that it is entirely possible that there's two aspects we have not yet given careful consideration to.

a)  Doyle may well be a transcription error that frequents some transcriptions, particularly if the transcriber is working on baptisms of babies as these do NOT give surnames to be babies being baptised, so for example if the baptism  reads:

Mary Ann, dau'of

then there's plenty of opportunity for 177Os handwriting to transcribe that as Mary Ann DOYLE..

b) When the Wesleyans and similar protesting movements were breaking away from Church of England practices there's many a lass who chose a new Christian name, which the Wesleyans recognised, but the Anglicans did not ... so Mary Ann dau of ... SHARPE (a likely candidate for THE FIRST wife of Charles PALMER) may have been known in the Wesleyans in the Castlereagh district of NSW in the 1810s and 1820s as Athelia or Amelia or variations... and at least one daughter of that couple was given similar name...  Please do read Matilda PALMER's baptism record that I transcribed and repost here:

From the 1820 Richmond NSW population book, and the image that the NSW State Archives has allowed Ancestry to upload:
Chas PALMER has at his location :
Mary Ann PALMER, c.f. (came free)
Sabina PALMER (c.f.)
Athelia PALMER b.c. (born in the colony)

1825 Muster at C. PALMER,  at Richmond, Sydney
Mrs A PALMER, c.f.  (dead) wife of C Palmer
Sabina PALMER, 25, b.c.  and the others as listed below noted are bracketed together as children  of C Palmer
Althelia PALMER, 23, b.c.
Almeriah PALMER, 19 b.c.
Matilda PALMER, 9, b.c.
Euphemia PALMER, 13, b.c.

From the baptismal record for Matilda PALMER, 
Matilda, daughter of Charles and Athelia PALMER, he a farmer, was born 2 March 1816 and baptised 30 October 1827, by Rev G Erskine at Windsor, Wesley rites.  The Rev Erskine then transmitted the information to Rev John Cross who registered the baptism in the register of St Matthews C of E, Windsor.

JM  (edit to give prominence to Mary Ann dau'of )  :)
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Monday 24 September 18 01:38 BST (UK) »
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: Monday 24 September 18 04:39 BST (UK) »
and another family tree researcher here:

https://gw.geneanet.org/gbarnier2?lang=en&n=palmer&oc=0&p=ephraim

This researcher has Charles PALMER's first wife as Mary Ann Athelia SHARPE with dates (down to the day of the week) and locations ....

Charles PALMER, born in 1770 - Westminster, London England, Deceased 14 April 1846 (Tuesday) - Richmond, New Douth Wales, Australia age at death: 76 years old
Married about 1798, England, to
Mary Ann Athelia SHARPE, born 12 February 1775 (Sunday) - Holborn, London, England, Deceased 6 October 1824 (Wednesday) - Hawkesbury, New South Wales, Australia age at death: 49 years old

Mary A PALMER burial noted at that tree as St Peters, Richmond NSW ...  I wonder if there's further details on the parish register ...
https://trove.nla.gov.au/work/34785309?q&versionId=43112404

Back to Jane, wife of Daniel, Senior ... their son James who arrived per Kangaroo, did he marry  Almeria, one of the daughters of Charles PALMER in 1836... ie James marry his step-sister ...

Charles Thomas, son of James and Almeria TINDALL, a settler at Nepean, was baptised 19 January 1837 at St Peters C of E, Richmond.     

JM

Offline Jan Prit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: Wednesday 26 September 18 07:27 BST (UK) »
Hello all and thanks for helping me with this family. :-[ Whilst I was searching for Daniel Tindall, his first marriage to Mary Wells 13/10/1763 both signed. The next marriage to Jane Sawyer 2/9/1779 both signed Daniel is a widower. The next marriage to Jane Davis 28/11/1792 both signed no mention of Daniel being a widower again at St. John Croydon this entry is not on the CD for Surrey marriages the other's are, even though they signed a bit different ??? Their must be another Daniel Tindall which is included somehow. Need another look. :-\ :-\

Regards,
Janet :-[

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: Wednesday 26 September 18 07:38 BST (UK) »
agh .... well I can see that the Daniel died in Sydney in January 1827 ... has been found to have died at age 69 ... and the original source for that seems to default back to the Australian Joint Copying Project. Microfilm Roll 87, Class and Piece Number HO11/1, Page Number 394

https://convictrecords.com.au/convicts/tyndall/daniel/106873

If that's accurate, he was born 1758ish, so not possible to be married in 1763.  (Marriage Act 1753 likely to apply https://www.perfar.eu/policies/marriage-act-1753  ) So that leaves the other two as possibles  :) 

JM