Author Topic: Jane Tindall  (Read 6226 times)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: Jane Tindall
« Reply #45 on: Friday 21 September 18 11:41 BST (UK) »

Also noticed the following in those digitised parish registers ... there could be others but the spellings may be of interest, although I think likely you will already have these.   
St Lukes C of E,  Liverpool, NSW church registers
Jane, daughter of Daniel and Jane TYNDALL of this district, born May 5, 1817, baptised  March 23, 1818
Susanna, dau of Daniel and Jane TYNDALL of the district of Liverpool, born December 18  1817, baptised July 23, 1818
Jane TYNDALL, aged 5, burial 15 July 1822
James, son of Daniel and Jane TYNDALL of the district of Liverpool, born March 26, 1822, baptised March 30, 1823
Daniel William, son of Daniel and Jane TINDALL, of Liverpool, carpenter, born May 30, 1828, baptised July 6, 1828
Alfred, son of Daniel and Jane TINDAL (Daniel as a carpenter), district of Liverpool, born August 9, 1838, baptised August 22, 1838

Adding here, to save scrolling back and forth  ::)  ADD I will go back over that register tomorrow to see if there's others... (IF no one else has had the opportunity)

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Friday 21 September 18 11:52 BST (UK) »
There is one that fits but no proof at all, although one of the trees gives this surname to Jane.  Croydon is about 10 miles from Southwark so it seems a bit iffy to me.
28 Nov 1792
Marriage Place:   Croydon, St John, Surrey, England, 28 Nov 1792
Daniel TINDALL
Jane DAVIS

The image has no other info except that Daniel signed, Jane DAVIS used a cross and the witnesses were Edward HEAD?? and Sarah TISGATE??  No parent names, no occupations

Do we have a signature of Daniel senior anywhere which may be used for comparison?

Judith

DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

UK Census information Crown Copyrightt, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Friday 21 September 18 12:02 BST (UK) »
Rev Samuel MARSDEN, at St Johns, C of E, Parramatta

Bunbury Curran (JM mentions that this is a margin note, I recognise as a locality near current Macquarie Fields, ie district of Liverpool, )

Bunbury Curran
Emma, Daughter of Daniel TINDALL and Jane his wife, was born July 10, 1815 and Christened August 14, 1815, and registered same day by me, Samuel Marsden.   

Judith,  I have not found his signature yet, but I will look again tomorrow.  I think Jane, his widow, signed in 1829, but by then some of the children may have taught her.   I know that convict children were given lessons on reading and writing on the voyage to NSW, often this was done with any children of garrison families if allowed to come too.  Also, Governor Macquarie was one for promoting R & W and the Wesleyan Sunday Schools starting in Macquarie era were strong on R & W so the population could read the Bible for themselves.

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Friday 21 September 18 12:26 BST (UK) »
Marriage: 2210/1866 SIMPSON William to TINDALL Susannah LIVERPOOL

Notice: http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article63513015

Death: 11003/1926 SIMPSON Susannah parents DANIEL and JANE SUTHERLAND

At Woronora:

Anglican Monumental - Section L - 0021

Susannah Simpson 22-6-1926 (86years)

William Simpson 11-1-1918 (77years and 7mths)

Mary G Simpson 29-6-1911 ( daughter of William and Susannah, born 1867)

Dudley H Simpson 5-12-13 (son of Henry C and Bessie)

Henry C Simpson 29-11-1920 (son of William and Susannah, born 1874)

Jamjar

Mm, if she had Henry in 1874, then she would have been in her 50s at time of birth.

Ok, not her, as she was born in 1840.

1340/1840 V18401340 25A TINDALL SUSANNAH parents DANIEL and JANE

Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline Jan Prit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Saturday 22 September 18 04:51 BST (UK) »
Thank you all for your help I have sent a message to the Library at St. Olave Bermondsey hoping they have a copy of the baptism of Daniel Tindall, if not I will try another child of the marriage. :-[

Regards,
Janet :-[

Online Dundee

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Saturday 22 September 18 06:28 BST (UK) »
What are you hoping to find from the baptism record?

Debra  :)

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Saturday 22 September 18 06:37 BST (UK) »
Hi Janet

The image of the parish record for the baptism of Daniel TINDALL, 1795 at St Olave's church  is on Ancestry. I posted a transcription of the information from that image in  Reply #42. There is no other information on that record; no maiden name for Jane, no place of abode - there is the name of the clergy who conducted the baptism, and this name, obviously, is the same for all baptisms conducted at that time.

As this is an actual image of the parish register I would be surprised if there is any more information held at the church.

Judith
DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

UK Census information Crown Copyrightt, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Saturday 22 September 18 07:36 BST (UK) »
1825 General Muster
Several families surname TINDALL and variations

Daniel TINDALL, ex Duke of Portland 1807, Life, Carpenter
Jane TINDALL, ex Kangaroo 1814, wife of Daniel Tindall
James TINDALL, 14 (years old,) b.c. (as in born in Colony, yet marked “ as in ex Kangaroo 1814,) son of Daniel Tindall
Emma TINDALL, 9,  b.c.  “ daughter of Daniel Tindall
Susanna TINDALL, 7, b.c. (and like Emma, also a “ as though they are both like James, ex Kangaroo 1814)

John TINDALL ex Indefatigable 1815, 14 year sentence, Government servant to his wife at Richmond
Susanna TINDALE ex Surry 1822, Shop Keeper, Sydney
John Richard TINDALE , ex Surry 1822, son of Susanna TINDALE  of Sydney

Daniel TINDALL, ex Kangaroo 1814, Publican, Liverpool
Jane TINDALL, ex Minerva, 1814, wife of Daniel Tindall Publ….
Mary TINDALL, ex Kangaroo 1814, sister of Daniel Tindall, publ…
John TINDALL, 5 years, son of Daniel Tindall, publ…
James TINDALL, 3  years, son of Daniel Tindall, publ
Daniell TINDALL, 1 year, son of Daniel Tindall, publ

John TINDALL, ex Indian 1810, landholder at Evan (District near Bathurst)
Charlotte TINDALL, ex Friends 1811, wife of John Tindall, Evan District
William TINDALL, 13, b.c. (born in colony) son of John Tindall, Evan district
George TINDALL, 11, b.c. son of John Tindall, Evan district
John TINDALL, 8, b.c. son of John Tindall, Evan district
Charlotte TINDALL, 5, b.c. son of John Tindall, Evan district
John TINDALL, 3, b.c. son of John Tindall, Evan district

John TINDALL, ex Guildford 1818, 14 year sentence, Landholder Bringelly
William TINDALL, b.c. son of John Tindall, Bringelly
Hester TINDALL, 4, b.c. daughter of John Tindall, Bringelly
Jane TINDALL, 2, b.c. daughter of John Tindall, Bringelly
Mary Ann TINDALL, ½ b.c. daughter of John Tindall, Bringelly

I HAVE NOT YET FOUND ANY NSW DOCUMENT WITH SIGNATURE OF DANIEL TINDALL, the carpenter, who arrived under a Life Sentence.   Is his signature on any UK document? - perhaps on that TINDALL = DAVIS marriage ... or did he make his mark ...  :)  happy to keep looking through NSW documents if we have a signature to compare with ...  ;D  ;D

JM

Offline Jan Prit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Saturday 22 September 18 09:05 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your help majm and everyone else, this family is driving me mad, too many possibilities to search for I will keep looking elsewhere. :-[

Janet :'(