Author Topic: JanetMackie death  (Read 1904 times)

Offline Betty S

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
JanetMackie death
« on: Thursday 07 June 18 08:18 BST (UK) »
I have a Death cert. for Janet Clark Mackie, who died in Kilmarnock Aye on 13 Dec 1891.she was married to William Mackie.
My problem is that , if I have the correct info. she also married Walter Granger, a Bishop of LDS, and they say she died on that date , but in Tulare California.
Can some kind person please explain?
Betty Sheather
Rodger/Stewart: Ayr, Renfrew,Lanark: Stewart/Blair:Argyll,Ayr:
Macleod/Fraser/Matheson/Mcgregor:Sutherland
Breheny/Murphy:Tasmania, Ire
McLeods to Aus

Offline carolineasb

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: JanetMackie death
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 07 June 18 12:31 BST (UK) »
I take it that the death certificate you have is not for "Janet Clark Mackie" i.e. that exact spelling, as there are only 2 statutory registration deaths on SP with that exact spelling and neither are 1891?
Tannahill:  Ayrshire, Renfrewshire
Mulgrew/Milgrew:  Glasgow
Canning: Renfrewshire

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 07 June 18 15:03 BST (UK) »
What year was Janet Clark Mackie born ? what parents names do you have for her ..
Where did you get your information from that she  died in California ..I can see a death for a Janet Clark in 1891 Kilmarnock  Ayr other name Mackie ref number 597/584 age 81 is this her ?

Rosie

Offline isobelw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Gran & Granpa Clotworthy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 07 June 18 15:38 BST (UK) »
There is a very confused tree on Ancestry which has her immigrating to Utah in 1871 and marrying Walter Granger in 1877 in Utah. This despite the fact she is on the 1871 census in Scotland with her husband and Walter is on the 1880 US census with his wife Catherine. Same tree has a 1911 census entry for her despite the fact she died in 1891 age 81. Fancestry at its best!
Isobel
Clotworthy, McMahon, Saunderson, Culley (Ireland & Scotland)
Weatherall, Greer (Ireland & Scotland)
Hamilton, Johnston, Dawson, Rennie, Wright (Clackmannanshire)

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 07 June 18 18:08 BST (UK) »
Just viewed the death certificate for Janet and there is no mention of her being married to Walter Granger ..Just William Mackie ...Have seen that tree Isobel ::)  ...Betty stick with your own information and never take information from trees on Ancestry without checking it out first for yourself  :)

Rosie

Offline Betty S

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 07 June 18 23:28 BST (UK) »
Thanks  for your replies, Rosie, Isobel & Caroline.....I usually don't take to much notice of other trees on Ancestry....that why I bought her DC........but, the info I have was given to me years ago (by someone who I find is usually very good and has certs. to back up his claims)) and he had information from other members of that family who assured him that this was correct....it has always intrigued me &  I reviewed that part of my tree recently and thought I must delve further......Thanks again to you all....
BettyS
Rodger/Stewart: Ayr, Renfrew,Lanark: Stewart/Blair:Argyll,Ayr:
Macleod/Fraser/Matheson/Mcgregor:Sutherland
Breheny/Murphy:Tasmania, Ire
McLeods to Aus