Author Topic: Burial / Funeral help 1909 please.  (Read 741 times)

Offline Vasquez109

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Ask now! Tomorrow might be too late....
    • View Profile
Burial / Funeral help 1909 please.
« on: Thursday 07 June 18 22:56 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone.

Is any kind person able to help locate a burial or cremation for me please. I have the GRO details of the death, but im interested where my 3x Gt Aunt was finally laid to rest.

Her name was Jane Stevenson (nee Sedgley). She died aged 77 in the Ticehurst district in 1909. The family moved around a bit, with several places to choose from. All of them I think are pretty local to each other, but not sure if it was a church burial or where the crematorium might be if thats what happened to her.

Strangely, Jane and her husband William moved to Sussex from Leicestershire, 2 of their 5 children moved with them and an illegitimate grand-daughter who was born in West Yorkshire in 1894?!?

They all moved sometime between the census' of 1891 and 1901. 1891 they are all at home and 1901 everyone is in a place called Burwash! Ticehurst crops up, so does Wadhurst and Holmes Hurst. The illegitimate grand-daughters address if given as Holmes Hurst, Sussex. William and Janes son William went to Sussex and married a local girl Ellen Pattenden in 1895. So maybe between 1891 and 1894 they had arrived in Sussex?

Anyway....Im rambling. Can anyone help find Janes burial or cremation please?

Many thanks,
David.
Northants - Stevenson, Smith, Spriggs, Hight, Dodson, Coleman
Swansea - Thomas, Williams, Howell, David, Rees, Griffiths, Jenkins, Bevan
Rutland - Hales
Derbyshire - Harlow, Riley, Pemberton, Aldred
Yorkshire - Stamper, Boyes, Duke
London - Harper, Wallis
Essex - Shelford, Wallis, Read, Stanes
Hertfordshire - Bishop
Cornwall - Johns, Soper, Rowe, Ball, Webb, Dunn, Quintrell, Hain, Oliver
Gloucestershire - Harper, Ash, Gregory, Denman
County Durham - Proud, Duke
Yorkshire - Stamper, Pickering

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Burial / Funeral help 1909 please.
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 07 June 18 23:28 BST (UK) »
Can't find a burial but William died 1910 in Ticehurst reg district -Burwash is in Ticehurst reg district so maybe they both died there - may be a good place to start your search

The death cert would give place of death

Suz
Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk