Author Topic: Mytton Family of Shropshire  (Read 761 times)

Offline lucyjpr

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Mytton Family of Shropshire
« on: Wednesday 13 June 18 16:10 BST (UK) »
Hi, trying to solve a family mystery!

There's a rumour that my Great Great Grandmother's family are somehow related to the Mytton's of Shropshire. The rumours usually centre around John 'Mad Jack' Mytton, but there's nothing more specific.
My Great Great Grandmother was May Tisdale, born in Meole Brace, Shropshire about 1891. She died in Shropshire in 1961. If there was any connection, it would be from her family.
Her mother's name I believe was Jane Sheffield (born abt. 1851), so the connection would be with the Sheffield or Tisdale's and the Mytton's.
Alternatively, the connection could be further back - with Jane's mother, but I'm unsure of her maiden name, but I think she was named Harriet and possibly born about 1828 in Shropshire.

If anyone has done any research on the Mytton family I'd greatly appreciate some help if any of the names mentioned appear familiar! Or just advice on how best to tackle this mystery would also be brilliant.

Thanks!

Offline PaulineJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Mytton Family of Shropshire
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 13 June 18 16:26 BST (UK) »
First rule: Don't duplicate requests.

Check "surname interests" at the page bottom to see who if anyone has done any research on the surname.
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/
======================================
We are not a search engine. We are human beings.

Offline lucyjpr

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 13 June 18 16:30 BST (UK) »
First rule: Don't duplicate requests.

Check "surname interests" at the page bottom to see who if anyone has done any research on the surname.

My bad, my intention on the Beginners Board was just to ask for advice on how's best to start researching, whereas here I was asking if anyone had already done research on the Mytton family. Thank you for your advice.

Offline ciderdrinker

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 14 June 18 11:41 BST (UK) »
Hello
Here's your family tree to start.
May Tisdale d of John Tisdale 1851-1910 and Jane Sheffield 1850-1927

grandparents John Tisdale born 1813 Pontesbury and Jane Roberts born 1813 Pontesbury married Shrewsbury St Mary 4.8.1834

Thomas Sheffield born 1830 Maole Brace and Harriet Bevan born 1828 Shrewsbury married 1849 Shrewsbury(? parents Richard and Elizabeth Bevan born 1790's)

great grandparents Thomas Sheffield born 1794 coachman born not Shropshire of M.B.and Anne Jones of LLangollon married 13.4.1829 Pontfadog Denbighshire

Ciderdrinker