Author Topic: Isaac Forrester and Elizabeth Morris_Woodseaves_Market Drayton_Moreton Say  (Read 893 times)

Offline TinSoldier7

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
I am researching my ancestor Isaac Forrester who I have first record of in April 1719 in a deed between Thomas Chamberlain of Woodseaves, Isaac Forrester of the same (Dyer and 'nephew' of Chamberlain), and Edward Baldwyn of the Inner Temple London.
Next, on 26 Aug 1719, Isaac married Elizabeth Morris (or Morre) at Market Drayton.
Then in October 1719 there is a further deed between Thomas Chamberlain and Isaac Forrester concerning a lease of a farm, Ouldfields at Moreton Say. Isaac and Elizabeth evidently moved from Woodseaves to take up the tenancy of Ouldfields because a son, also Isaac, was baptised in Moreton Say in June of 1720.  I have hit a brick wall looking for records dated prior to this 1719-1720 set of records, and am looking for anyone who is researching the Forrester or Chamberlain families from around Market Drayton in this time period of the late 1600s and early 1700s.

Online garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Isaac Forrester and Elizabeth Morris_Woodseaves_Market Drayton_Moreton Say
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 14 June 18 08:42 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat Tin Soldier
just to let you know - some records have him as Forster as well as Forrester
ie - BOTH RECORDS ON IGI
Name     Isaac Forster   
 Residence Place     Moreton-Say, Shropshire, England   
 Gender     Male   
 Christening Date     24 Jun 1720   
 Christening Date (Original)     24 Jun 1720   
 Christening Place     Moreton-Say, Shropshire, England   
 Father's Name    Isaac Forster     
 Mother's Name    Elizabeth Forster   
Name     Isaac Forester   
 Gender     Male   
 Christening Date     24 Jun 1720   
 Christening Date (Original)     24 JUN 1720   
 Christening Place     MORETON SAY,SHROPSHIRE,ENGLAND   
 Father's Name    Isaac Forester     
 Mother's Name    Elizabeth   
confusing for you I know - but you need to be aware of possible spelling differences for Isaac
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline TinSoldier7

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Isaac Forrester and Elizabeth Morris_Woodseaves_Market Drayton_Moreton Say
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 14 June 18 23:39 BST (UK) »
Thank you Garstonite. Yes the IGI records that you've highlighted are for the son born at Moreton Say to Isaac and Elizabeth.
I have tested as many different name variations as I can think of for both first and surnames up to this point - Foster, Forster, Forester, Fonester, Sorester etc. Also the marriage register entries for Market Drayton for this time are written in Latin, so the 1719 record shows the name Isaacum Forester.
I'm hoping someone might be aware of other record sets from this time period for this part of Shropshire, realising also that parish and county boundaries in this area make things complex.