Author Topic: Marriage of Luke Lapham and Hannah Forward  (Read 1631 times)

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage of Luke Lapham and Hannah Forward
« Reply #9 on: Friday 15 June 18 15:35 BST (UK) »
Without a death you don't really know when she was born.  She may also have been widowed when she married in 1803.  :-\ 

All things to consider before looking at baptisms in nearby parishes.   :)
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ribbo39

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 16 June 18 13:33 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Luke Lapam married Hannah Forward 24-1-1803 in Kilmington St.Mary, Wilts (after banns 9,16 & 28th Jan) Both of this parish.

Also Hannah Forward bapt. 23-6-1780 in Mere, Wilts (d/o James & Sarah).

If its any consolation there is also  a burial for James Forward 31-10-1780 in Mere. Could be the father
or another family member.

Alan
Browse, Peggs, Revans/Revance/Ribbans, Spall,   in Suffolk/Norfolk
Belcher, Elderfield, Froude, Saunders,  Stimson, Tame,   in Berks
Artis, Gray in Norfolk

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 16 June 18 13:48 BST (UK) »
Thank you! I have records on that family but I can't tie it to my own.
Lipman family of Aldgate - ends with Lewis Lipman (d. 1871, Bethnal Green), son of John Lipman 'late of Glasgow' (1856)
McGregor family of Fodderty - ends with Alexander McGregor (b. 1765, Fodderty), son of Murdoch McGregor and Kate Stewart

Offline JaneyH_104

• RootsChat Member
  • My great-grandmother, Alice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 04 July 18 13:21 BST (UK) »
Since you’re looking at Mere and Kilmington, have you seen the website put together by Cathy Day? She tracked hundreds of families from Kilmington, Stourton and Mere for her PhD in biological anthropology. Here’s the site: http://www.wiltshirefamilyhistory.org/index.htm

This is not just a set of records but a database of family genealogies. As someone with dozens of ancestors in Stourton and Kilmington it’s been a fantastic resource. I’ve since bought the book, which even mentions a couple of my ancestors by name!
BOWDLER - Forest of Dean & Devon, DYSON, ENTWISTLE & TOWNEND - Huddersfield, CLARKE - Dorset, SCOBLE - Devon, HOUGH, COPE & WHITTAKER - Cheshire, BRACHER - Wiltshire, DENNISS - Herts/Hunts, SQUIRE - Hunts/Beds, BROWN - Herts/Beds

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 04 July 18 13:33 BST (UK) »
I have come across it before but I wasn't aware of its origins. By the sounds, it's a reliable source. Thanks!
Lipman family of Aldgate - ends with Lewis Lipman (d. 1871, Bethnal Green), son of John Lipman 'late of Glasgow' (1856)
McGregor family of Fodderty - ends with Alexander McGregor (b. 1765, Fodderty), son of Murdoch McGregor and Kate Stewart