Author Topic: Exact marriage date  (Read 844 times)

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Exact marriage date
« on: Thursday 14 June 18 19:19 BST (UK) »
Hello,

Can anyone find the exact marriage dates for:

Thomas Andrews and Patience Andrews, married in 1799, in Compton Bassett. Thomas was from Bremhill and Patience was from Compton Bassett.

Thanks,

Adam
Lipman family of Aldgate - ends with Lewis Lipman (d. 1871, Bethnal Green), son of John Lipman 'late of Glasgow' (1856)
McGregor family of Fodderty - ends with Alexander McGregor (b. 1765, Fodderty), son of Murdoch McGregor and Kate Stewart

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Exact marriage date
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 14 June 18 19:27 BST (UK) »
5th Dec 1799
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 14 June 18 19:28 BST (UK) »
Thanks!
Lipman family of Aldgate - ends with Lewis Lipman (d. 1871, Bethnal Green), son of John Lipman 'late of Glasgow' (1856)
McGregor family of Fodderty - ends with Alexander McGregor (b. 1765, Fodderty), son of Murdoch McGregor and Kate Stewart

Offline ribbo39

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 15 June 18 01:30 BST (UK) »
Hi,
If you're interested, it looks as if Patience Andrews was bapt 23-3-1773 Compton Bassett, (d/o John)
also in same parish;
11-4-1772 John Andrews married Rebecca Eatwell,sp, botp (notes; John is a Labourer).

No sign of John Andrews bapt.
but I have found a Rebecca Eatall bapt  11-12-1743 in Hilmarton (d/o Simon & Rebecca - not sure if this Rebecca is the one who married John Andrews but timescale seems to fit and Hilmarton is a neighbouring parish.

Taken from the WiltsFHS CD 29 (with their kind permission)

Hope this helps.

Alan
Browse, Peggs, Revans/Revance/Ribbans, Spall,   in Suffolk/Norfolk
Belcher, Elderfield, Froude, Saunders,  Stimson, Tame,   in Berks
Artis, Gray in Norfolk

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 15 June 18 06:46 BST (UK) »
Thanks! I had Patience's baptism but not her parents' marriage. I'm not sure exactly how the two Andrews are connected in 1799 sadly, as Thomas Andrews was from Bremhill.