Author Topic: Updating Outlook account  (Read 1440 times)

Offline Melbell

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Updating Outlook account
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 16 June 18 09:11 BST (UK) »
Mike175 and Hallmark

Thank you both.

However, I don't really want to change how I operate.  I am not wedded to my emails, so don't panic if I cannot access them for a while (don't need off-line access).  I don't want/need to have emails all in one place - that's why I've got a separate Outlook account in the first place.

All I want to do is to be able to update Outlook outside Shared Experiences!  Surely this must be possible?

I am very grateful for your suggestion however.

Melbell

Offline mike175

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 17 June 18 22:48 BST (UK) »
Sadly, most of the 'big operators' like Microsoft and Google are trying to force us all to adopt their latest systems, which is one of the main reasons I prefer to use alternative open source software. But we each have to find a system that suits us  :)

Sorry I can't offer any better advice but I hope you find a way to do what you want.

Mike.
Baskervill - Devon, Foss - Hants, Gentry - Essex, Metherell - Devon, Partridge - Essex/London, Press - Norfolk/London, Stone - Surrey/Sussex, Stuttle - Essex/London, Wheate - Middlesex/Essex/Coventry/Oxfordshire/Staffs, Gibson - Essex, Wyatt - Essex/Kent

Offline Rena

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copyright: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 17 June 18 23:55 BST (UK) »
I've been receiving the same notification for years since virgin mail transferred me to another server. I did once try to oblige Microsoft but took one look at the unintelligible (to me) questionaire and left them guessing.

Microsoft still regularly update my computer.
Aberdeen: Findlay-Shirras,McCarthy: MidLothian: Mason,Telford,Darling,Cruikshanks,Bennett,Sime, Bell: Lanarks:Crum, Brown, MacKenzie,Cameron, Glen, Millar; Ross: Urray:Mackenzie:  Moray: Findlay; Marshall/Marischell: Perthshire: Brown Ferguson: Wales: McCarthy, Thomas: England: Almond, Askin, Dodson, Well(es). Harrison, Maw, McCarthy, Munford, Pye, Shearing, Smith, Smythe, Speight, Strike, Wallis/Wallace, Ward, Wells;Germany: Flamme,Ehlers, Bielstein, Germer, Mohlm, Reupke

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 18 June 18 00:37 BST (UK) »
That's why Thunderbird is handy..... avoids all these "inquisitions"    ;D ;D
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline Melbell

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 18 June 18 09:41 BST (UK) »
Thank you all for your imput.  At least I do not now feel that I am just ignorant of how to solve the problem!

Melbell