Author Topic: Can't find in 1911  (Read 460 times)

Offline atmartinas

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Can't find in 1911
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 19 June 18 17:18 BST (UK) »
If you had mentioned that her father was a Musical Operatitionor  it would have made it easier to find!!

;D ;D
I wish I had known!  ;D
Roche Wexford/USA
Sinnott 2 families Ardcavan Wexford/USA and Boolaboy.
Cullen Ballyknockan  Wexford/ USA
O'Leary Wexford
Leacy Wexford /New York
O'Dwyer Tipperary
Hayes Tipperary
Wall Tipperary
Cormac Tipperary
Shanahan Tipperary

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 19 June 18 17:52 BST (UK) »
The only reason I finally found them was that I found births for 2 brothers (1908 and 1911) then started searching for John O'Connor age 3.

If you had mentioned that her father was a Musical Operatitionor  it would have made it easier to find!!
 ;D ;D

Well, I did say it was a really bad transcription  ::)
Please do NOT ask for lookups by Personal Message.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline atmartinas

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 19 June 18 18:14 BST (UK) »
The only reason I finally found them was that I found births for 2 brothers (1908 and 1911) then started searching for John O'Connor age 3.

;D ;D

Well, I did say it was a really bad transcription  ::)

She should have been easy to find despite the common surname, her dad was distinctive with a given name like Sinnott Valentine and he was a doctor. We are at the mercy of the transcriptions.

I must remember to look for siblings in future, I was completely at a loss to find her. As she was only of interest to me because she married my relation I didn't think to look for siblings.

Never would have found her without you, I have had wonderful help on here. Big thanks aghadowey for this one and everyone who has helped me previously.
M

Thanks again, I am delighted to have her.
Roche Wexford/USA
Sinnott 2 families Ardcavan Wexford/USA and Boolaboy.
Cullen Ballyknockan  Wexford/ USA
O'Leary Wexford
Leacy Wexford /New York
O'Dwyer Tipperary
Hayes Tipperary
Wall Tipperary
Cormac Tipperary
Shanahan Tipperary