Author Topic: Germany/Prussia -- STARKE family  (Read 585 times)

Offline Ande

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Germany/Prussia -- STARKE family
« on: Friday 22 June 18 10:27 BST (UK) »
Hello all!
I'm trying to find out some more information about my Starke(/Starck/Starkė/Stark) family. The furthest back I can trace them is to Clemens Starke, born circa 1775. His son was Johann Joachim Starke, married to Marie Dorothea Walther, and born in Dretzel, Saxony-Anhalt, 7 May 1799. Johann and Marie's son was Johann Friedrich Starke, married to Marie Elizabeth Menz, and he was born in Tucheim, Saxony-Anhalt in 1831. His son, Albert Friechrich Starke came out to Australia on the "Esther" in 1876. I know quite a lot about Albert, his voyage, his three siblings who also came to Australia (illegally stowed away!), and his descendants, but I know very little about the Starkes in Germany/Prussia.
From what I have learnt from another source the Starkes lived in these nations as they changed:
Clemens Starke - Duchy of Magdeburg
Johann Joachim Starke - same
Johann Friedrich Starke - Province of Saxony (Prussia)
Albert Friedrich Starke - same
I'd appreciate any help you may have to offer! I've included a family chart so it may be easier to understand the generations.
JONES, HALL, CHACE, WRIGHT, CROCKER, NEPEAN, LAWRANCE, THORPE, ELLIOT, MORAN, all in South Australia. STARKE, SCHOLZ/SHOLZ in Prussia and South Australia. WATERS, FOWLER, INCE, MEARS, LLOYD, TRUSTER and COOPER in England (mainly Surrey). FRANKORT, LEUNISSEN, MUIJRERS, BROURERS, GORISSEN, DAMOISEAUX and LAHAYE/LAHIAJE in Limburg, Netherlands.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Ande

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: Germany/Prussia -- STARKE family
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 18 June 19 10:41 BST (UK) »
Am I allowed to bump this? :)
JONES, HALL, CHACE, WRIGHT, CROCKER, NEPEAN, LAWRANCE, THORPE, ELLIOT, MORAN, all in South Australia. STARKE, SCHOLZ/SHOLZ in Prussia and South Australia. WATERS, FOWLER, INCE, MEARS, LLOYD, TRUSTER and COOPER in England (mainly Surrey). FRANKORT, LEUNISSEN, MUIJRERS, BROURERS, GORISSEN, DAMOISEAUX and LAHAYE/LAHIAJE in Limburg, Netherlands.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.