Author Topic: wright family  (Read 4069 times)

Offline GillHerts

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: wright family
« Reply #9 on: Monday 18 January 21 12:44 GMT (UK) »
I'm a great-granddaughter of Henry Wright. I know he and Jane Ellis had 8 children but there is no Lilian amongst the names I have. Does anyone have evidence of Henry's birth in Dublin or of his mother's name? Samuel Wright is named as his father on his marriage cerificate.

Offline cae howell

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 05 February 21 21:41 GMT (UK) »
Registration in Ireland did nt start until 1864 I assume that information birth date was from the parish records or church records Henry came over with his father samuel to Holyhead and was brought up by the Davies family also in family was a girl by the name of Mary Jane Wright born 1851 who could of been Henrys sister  Lillian and Murium where grand daughters to Henry Wright by the way the ellis family came from Amlwch
griffiths Anglesey,, thomas Holyhead,,Liverpool

Offline Whiteblazes

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 25 April 21 21:27 BST (UK) »

WRIGHT, LOUISA  MAY     mmn WILLIAMS     
1906  Dec Quarter in HOLYHEAD  Volume 11B  Page 454   

Louisa was my paternal grandmother, and I know she had a sister called Lilian (Lily) who had two daughters, Barbara and Margaret.

Offline Viking666

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 18 August 21 17:08 BST (UK) »
     I recently posted on another website some old photos of Church Lane in Holyhead. Amongst the folk shown in the photo was Dick Wright, a man that I knew. In comments that followed it transpired that two of his sisters were also in the photo ...Margaret and Miriam Wright. Also mentioned as being related was a Lillian Wright. I suspect that, with those names popping up, then perhaps another look at Holyhead births could be rewarding. The photo I dated to C1935. One of the ladies is married with a child and looks as if she is in her early 20's ... the other is perhaps late teens.
Richards in Anglesey. Liverpool, Cardiganshire.
Richards in Patagonia and Canada. Owens and Williams in Holyhead. Laird family, Birkenhead. Richards-Bridges family, Epsom.

Offline Whiteblazes

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 18 August 21 17:31 BST (UK) »
Are you able to post the photo here please?

Also, what is the other forum please?