Author Topic: Isabella Anderson of Gamrie. A very complicated lady!  (Read 9271 times)

Offline Liviani

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Isabella Anderson of Gamrie. A very complicated lady!
« Reply #45 on: Friday 09 April 21 12:26 BST (UK) »
I’m pleased you have also found your certificate Annie! It’s a great feeling as you say. I think I have bought about 25 incorrect Isabella Anderson (and variants) certs.

Another positive is possibly finding other children to a marriage.  :)

Also thanks Forfarian for this info. Looking forward to adding more deaths to my tree, as morbid as that sounds.  ;D
mtDNA subclade K1b2b. Father's Y-DNA I-S25383
GEDmatch kit; CF7867455
Father's kit; RY1336515
Mother's kit; AF2312865

Kincardineshire
Sheret, Hosie, Valentine, Crow, Beattie, McArthur, Wyllie.
Angus (Forfarshire)
Adam, Valentine, Ewan, Elder, Guild, Kydd, Bradford, Stronner, Gibson, Cloudsley, Evans, Stewart, Stott.
Perthshire
Small, Robertson, Murray, Kennedy, McGregor
Ross & Cromarty
Cameron, Stewart, Grant
Banffshire - Gamrie
Anderson, Massie

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Friday 09 April 21 23:10 BST (UK) »
Looking forward to adding more deaths to my tree, as morbid as that sounds.  ;D

;D...That's awful!...Who on this earth would ever think like that  ???...No-one on this forum!  ;D

In the past, after buying a wrong cert. (same name) discovered someone in my tree with a 2nd wife who at the time I had no idea about i.e. £ not wasted, a good find   :P

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline Liviani

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Saturday 10 April 21 02:04 BST (UK) »
Looking forward to adding more deaths to my tree, as morbid as that sounds.  ;D

;D...That's awful!...Who on this earth would ever think like that  ???...No-one on this forum!  ;D

In the past, after buying a wrong cert. (same name) discovered someone in my tree with a 2nd wife who at the time I had no idea about i.e. £ not wasted, a good find   :P

Annie

That was certainly lucky. I had a similar occurrence, but not with a certificate, with a cemetery. I moved to a village and took a walk around it as I knew my 2x great-grandparents were buried there. I found the grave and noticed the grave next to it. That other grave was for my 2x great-uncle and aunt from an entirely different branch.
GEDmatch kit; CF7867455
Father's kit; RY1336515
Mother's kit; AF2312865

Kincardineshire
Angus (Forfarshire)
Adam, Valentine, Ewan, Elder, Guild, Kydd, Bradford, Stronner, Gibson, Cloudsley, Evans, Stewart, Stott.
Perthshire
Ross & Cromarty
Cameron, Stewart, Grant
Banffshire - Gamrie
Anderson, Massie

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Saturday 10 April 21 02:57 BST (UK) »
I remember quite a few yrs ago, I was meeting a chap for our 2nd date, he asked where I wanted to go...

Your local cemetery!!!  ;D

He couldn't believe his ears, thought I was joking  :o

It was a beautiful summer day, the cemetery was huge & a lovely relaxing walk round but...

I really wanted to find his g/mother who he never knew, not her name or anything until I pointed out who she was on his father's DC!

We had of course spoken about his genealogy along the way but we still laugh about it today as do his adult kids.

Annie

South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline Liviani

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Monday 22 August 22 20:23 BST (UK) »
Hi  I have read the details here with interest.  I am trying to research my possibly 4th Gt grandfather Francs Anderson who farmed at Haddoleys in Gamrie.  I believe he had a child with Helen Howat.  The child was Sarah Anderson b.c. 1837.  Francis Anderson: I think this may be Sarah Anderson's father but I cannot find a record of any marriage between him and Helen Howat, who I believe to be Sarah's mother.    There seems to be a link to the Massie family in Gamrie.  Francis Anderson married Isabel Massie in 1824.
On Sarah Anderson's marriage cert it states Fa: Francis Anderson - farm servant (deceased) which would fit with his date of death.   The cert also states Mo: Helen Anderson (nee Howat) Struggling to work this out.
However, Sarah's residence in 1851 is 1851 • Gamrie, Banffshire, Scotland
House servant living with James Massie and Jean Kiloch (Killock?). Elizabeth Anderson is recorded as lodger not servant which implies she was related to James Massie (poss daughter of his sister Isabel)?  The Massie/ Anderson/ Bruce families in this area do seem to be closely entwined!  If anyone can shed any light that would be fantastic.  Many thanks

Hi Kitty, I know it's been a long while since you posted here but hopefully you will see this reply as it may relate to your Sarah Anderson.

I've been looking at the Banff Kirk Sessions today and I noticed an entry for 1860 image number 276. You can view this for free on Scotland's People. It relates to a Sarah Anderson of Gardenstown (latterly servant in Banff) and fornication with a John Clark, a shoemaker, originally of Fyvie and latterly of Gamrie. It was mentioned that it was her second offence, and this entry was in relation to a child born "July last"

This is the reference: Banff kirk session, Minutes (1849-1869), Accounts (1851-1869), CH2/1109/7
GEDmatch kit; CF7867455
Father's kit; RY1336515
Mother's kit; AF2312865

Kincardineshire
Angus (Forfarshire)
Perthshire
Ross & Cromarty
Cameron, Stewart, Grant
Banffshire - Gamrie
Anderson, Massie