Author Topic: Marriage of Mildred Roberts and Frederick Brantom 1900 - Hartlebury?  (Read 692 times)

Offline Darnity

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
1891 Mildred Roberts, daughter of William Roberts a market gardener, is living at Hartlebury, Droitwich, Worcestershire with her parents, sister Winifred and younger brothers. Winifred and Mildred are domestic servants.

June Q 1900 Droitwich reg dist so I'm guessing in Hartlebury Mildred marries Frederick William Brantom from the Beds/Bucks border area.

They go on to have two daughters who are photographed wearing "Votes for women" banners, and a son, and run a prosperous decorating and plumbing business for many years in Fenny Stratford (now part of Milton Kynes).

If anyone can please check the marriage for me I'd be very grateful to know what it says about Mildred, Frederick, their fathers and the witnesses as I'm trying to find out more about Mildred's background and how she gets involved in the suffrage movement.

Thanks very much for any help.

Gypsy DRAPERs, children of Billy and Mary - Ellen,Darnity,Spencer,Billy Jnr,Kisby,Ellick
Descendants of Fred and Esther (Garrett) WHITLOCK - Wavendon, Woburn Sands area
Descendants of George and Barbara (Willis) SUTTON - Earls Barton and Nether Heyford
BISSELL - Hanslope, New Bradwell, Bucks and Aston, Birmingham area
Lavinia DRAPER died 1840 Cranfield
Gypsies in the Bow Brickhill and Beds/Bucks border areas

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage of Mildred Roberts and Frederick Brantom 1900 - Hartlebury?
« Reply #1 on: Monday 25 June 18 15:33 BST (UK) »
Haven't got the marriage but in 1901 she and her husband are living with his father James 63 who is a widower.  Occupation looks like hardware dealer. 
Hinchliffe - Huddersfield Wiltshire
Burroughs - Arlingham Glos
Pick - Frocester Glos

Offline Darnity

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage of Mildred Roberts and Frederick Brantom 1900 - Hartlebury?
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 26 June 18 08:16 BST (UK) »
Thanks, I have her in 1901, 1911, 1939, on some electoral registers.

She and her husband go on to run a successful small business in Fenny Stratford and I'm trying to ascertain what might have drawn her to the suffrage movement.
Gypsy DRAPERs, children of Billy and Mary - Ellen,Darnity,Spencer,Billy Jnr,Kisby,Ellick
Descendants of Fred and Esther (Garrett) WHITLOCK - Wavendon, Woburn Sands area
Descendants of George and Barbara (Willis) SUTTON - Earls Barton and Nether Heyford
BISSELL - Hanslope, New Bradwell, Bucks and Aston, Birmingham area
Lavinia DRAPER died 1840 Cranfield
Gypsies in the Bow Brickhill and Beds/Bucks border areas