Author Topic: Hanbury mystery man  (Read 1799 times)

Offline scatty

• RootsChat Senior
  • Just love my genes !
    • View Profile
Hanbury mystery man
« on: Friday 29 June 18 13:57 BST (UK) »
I am currently researching  a Dublin Hanbury family and have been unable to locate a Welsh birth record for one Terence Hanbury Jnr born c 1874 " Wales " i.e that is according to the 1901 Dublin census when he is lodging with his future wife Mary Duignam and her family.

When his father (also named Terence) applied for discharge and pension from the army in 1873 while in Dublin he states that his intended place of residence will be Pembroke Dock, South Wales which would fit with T H Jnr birth year. The family could only have been in Wales between 1873 and 1875 as subsequent children were born back in in Dublin between 1875 and 188I.
 As birth search resulted a zero result I am now thinking along the lines of an RC baptismal record but I really do not have any idea if there are any Welsh Catholic  records  available on line so would be more than grateful for any suggestions please. as where to start looking.
Also for ref, his mother was Mary Toole.
Regards to all,Scatty

Fitzgerald/Mullane/Riordan/Heaphy/Barrett, O'Brien, Doneraile area
McCormack/ Brophy/Egan/Gavin,  Tullamore area
McCormack, Corr, Dublin
Hennessey and Heaphy in South Wales Valleys

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline dhnbry

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Hanbury mystery man
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 14 April 21 14:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Scatty,

I am currently researching the same Hanbury family in Dublin and came across your post! I know it was a couple of years ago but I was wondering if you ever got any further with Terence Hanbury Jnr or Snr?

Thanks,
D