Author Topic: Mary WALKER CAMPBELL  (Read 4286 times)

Offline manda_mcd

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Mary WALKER CAMPBELL
« on: Saturday 30 June 18 12:44 BST (UK) »
 I have the birth certificate of Mary Walker CAMPBELL born 7th Feb 1912 to Alexander CAMPBELL and Margaret M.S COUSINS she was born at the family home 150 Rose street Hutchesontown.

Siblings Alexander CAMPBELL b 26 Feb 1908
  and Agnes Smith CAMPBELL b 2 Jan 1911

both of these people were still alive when I was a child and I don't recall any mention ever of their younger sister.
 Mary's father died in an accident at work on the railway in 1916 and it is noted he left a widow and three children. This is the last mention of Mary I have been able to find anywhere.  We know there were no other siblings born before Mary as the family are listed at 150 Rose street on the census in 1911.
Margaret COUSINS re married my great grandfather Robert MCDOUGALL who was already a widow and they proceeded to have a family together.
I would really like to know what happened to her. I am aware of the surnames TRAN, JACK and PORTERFIELD mentioned when I was younger and having known they were related to uncle Alex (Alexander b 1908) but at that age I didn't query and now can't. This leaves the possibility they  are either related through Alexander who died in 1916 or MARY born 1912
any help or suggestions would be gratefully appreciated as I have already spent a fortune on SP .
Regards Amanda
MCDOUGALL (Glasgow and Glassary, Argyllshire), SINCLAIR (Lanarkshire), CAMPBELL (Aberdeen, Ayr and Gorbals), DOLAN (Greenock), RUSH, BELL, COUSIN(S), PATERSON, KERR, DEARIE, KENNY, GORMLEY, (mostly from Ireland to Glasgow) GILLIES (Glassary & Lochgilphead) McFIE or MCPHEE,

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
Re: Mary WALKER CAMPBELL
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 30 June 18 12:54 BST (UK) »
Have you tried SP for a marriage between a 'M' Campbell & either of "TRAN, JACK and PORTERFIELD" surnames?

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline manda_mcd

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 30 June 18 13:12 BST (UK) »
Yeah I have thanks nothing I am afraid :/
MCDOUGALL (Glasgow and Glassary, Argyllshire), SINCLAIR (Lanarkshire), CAMPBELL (Aberdeen, Ayr and Gorbals), DOLAN (Greenock), RUSH, BELL, COUSIN(S), PATERSON, KERR, DEARIE, KENNY, GORMLEY, (mostly from Ireland to Glasgow) GILLIES (Glassary & Lochgilphead) McFIE or MCPHEE,

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 30 June 18 13:19 BST (UK) »
Was she witness to any of her siblings marriages or possibly immigrated?

Annie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Offline manda_mcd

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 30 June 18 13:26 BST (UK) »
Hi neither of her siblings married both lived in the same house until Agnes died in 1983 ionly Alexander registered her death  very mysterious

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 30 June 18 13:33 BST (UK) »
I wonder if she 'lived' with someone i.e. never married & if family were catholic, may not have approved?

It may be worth looking for a death under those surnames &/or deaths of children with those surnames & mother's maiden name Campbell?

Annie

Offline manda_mcd

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 30 June 18 13:45 BST (UK) »
Will give that a try thanks her siblings weren't catholic but still worth a try thanks

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 30 June 18 13:54 BST (UK) »
I haven't found a likely candidate on a passenger list (yet)!

Annie

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 30 June 18 14:07 BST (UK) »
This not too far over the border?

Campbell Mary W to Albert R Woodrow    S.Shields    10a   1626

Don't see  death with middle initial or name?

Annie