Author Topic: Pochin of Barkby burials  (Read 2041 times)

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Pochin of Barkby burials
« on: Saturday 30 June 18 23:11 BST (UK) »
Hello,

I've got death dates and information from various books, but no places of death or burials. I'm looking for:

George Pochin, died 1669
Matthew Pochin, died 1639
George Pochin, died 1597
Katherine Pochin, buried 1595
Thomas Pochin, died 1523

As well as any burials for the Pochin family of Barkby before George (1592 - 1669), as he's my last ancestor to hold the estate.

I'd appreciate any help!

Adam
Lipman family of Aldgate - ends with Lewis Lipman (d. 1871, Bethnal Green), son of John Lipman 'late of Glasgow' (1856)
McGregor family of Fodderty - ends with Alexander McGregor (b. 1765, Fodderty), son of Murdoch McGregor and Kate Stewart

Offline iluleah

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Zeya who has a plastic bag fetish
    • View Profile
Re: Pochin of Barkby burials
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 01 July 18 01:10 BST (UK) »
Only one church in Barkby, just next to the Hall which is  St. Mary, Barkby, Church of England. The church was built in the middle of the 14th century. https://historicengland.org.uk/listing/the-list/list-entry/1074500

Suella POSTLES did an MA titled Barkby: Anatomy of a Township 1535-1800 for the Department of English Local History at the University of Leicester in 1976. Copies will be in the University of Leicester Library and one has been deposited with the Local Studies Library in Syston. The Barkby Local History Group also has a copy.
Leicestershire:Chamberlain, Dakin, Wilkinson, Moss, Cook, Welland, Dobson, Roper,Palfreman, Squires, Hames, Goddard, Topliss, Twells,Bacon.
Northamps:Sykes, Harris, Rice,Knowles.
Rutland:Clements, Dalby, Osbourne, Durance, Smith,Christian, Royce, Richardson,Oakham, Dewey,Newbold,Cox,Chamberlaine,Brow, Cooper, Bloodworth,Clarke
Durham/Yorks:Woodend, Watson,Parker, Dowser
Suffolk/Norfolk:Groom, Coleman, Kemp, Barnard, Alden,Blomfield,Smith,Howes,Knight,Kett,Fryston
Lincolnshire:Clements, Woodend

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 01 July 18 06:34 BST (UK) »
I got in contact with a local group but I haven't heard from them in a while  :'( they're probably busy, and considering the size of my request, understandably so.
Lipman family of Aldgate - ends with Lewis Lipman (d. 1871, Bethnal Green), son of John Lipman 'late of Glasgow' (1856)
McGregor family of Fodderty - ends with Alexander McGregor (b. 1765, Fodderty), son of Murdoch McGregor and Kate Stewart

Offline dcbnwh

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 02 July 18 09:42 BST (UK) »
At Barkby:-

Wyllia Poochin 17th April 1588 (sone? and heire? to George Poochin)

Kateryne Poochin 6th January 1595

Mathew Poochin 21st May 1596

George Poochin 29th August 1597 at Barkby

Mr Puchin 20th July 1639 (unclear)

David

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 02 July 18 09:48 BST (UK) »
Thanks! Do you know if the 1669 burial of George Pochin or the 1652 burial of his wife Elizabeth was at Barbky?

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 02 July 18 09:51 BST (UK) »
At Barkby:-

Wyllia Poochin 17th April 1588 (sone? and heire? to George Poochin)

Kateryne Poochin 6th January 1595

Mathew Poochin 21st May 1596

George Poochin 29th August 1597 at Barkby

Mr Puchin 20th July 1639 (unclear)

David

Were the other burials other than George not at Barkby?

Offline dcbnwh

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 03 July 18 10:21 BST (UK) »
Unfortunately, most of the parish records for Barkby between 1642 and 1674 seem to be missing.

According to inventory following George's death, he died on 31st October 1668.

David

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 03 July 18 10:24 BST (UK) »
I've found quite a few dates in old books funnily enough! One recorded monuments from the 18th century - presumably when they were still readable.

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • a digital one for now real one espere
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 03 July 18 11:24 BST (UK) »
Hello

Barkby is a beautiful peaceful village -- Not far from where I live -  Have you been? 
Do you want me to go take photos ?  I can ( make up for wrong pic display !! he he )
No its just that I love the village and if I could would move into one of the larger houses there tomorrow.

It is however - beginning to grow and I fear will slowly be spoilt. 

Let me know Will enjoy just taking photos of the village itself.. maybe the church. 

xin