Author Topic: Waters family of Middleton Cheney - looking for anyone with connections  (Read 1134 times)

Offline Germander Speedwell

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hello all,

I'm researching Alice Waters, born in 1897 in Middleton Cheney, near Banbury (this village may have come under Northamptonshire at the time).  She worked as a nurse and died in 1934 in Rotherhithe. She was one of about 12 children; her mother's name was Clara, I don't have her father's name to hand, but just ask if you need more details to identify her. I'm looking for anyone with a family connection to her who knows more about her and/or her immediate family than just the dates, as I'm hoping to share information.

From searching previous messages I believe there is at least one member who has this Waters family in their family tree, however as a new member I can't send private messages yet!

This is part of research on South Wharf Receiving Station, Rotherhithe, and the people who worked there.

Many thanks,

Germander

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Waters family of Middleton Cheney - looking for anyone with connections
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 01 July 18 22:54 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat

Fathers name was John Henry and Clara was nee Short - marriage 1884

Have you checked the surname interests board to see if anybody else is researching the family? Scroll to bottom of page and link is under "Tools"

Although you can't yet send a pm yourself - if you post the link to any other posts about the family we can contact that member on your behalf
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline barryd

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 02 July 18 04:42 BST (UK) »
Banbury did not seem to know whether it was coming or going.

From Free BMD:

The district Banbury spans the boundaries of the counties of Gloucestershire, Oxfordshire, Warwickshire and Northamptonshire

Offline Germander Speedwell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 02 July 18 15:44 BST (UK) »
Hello both,

Thanks for your replies and advice; thanks especially for the recommendation of the surname interests board - I didn't know about this, and it sounds very useful.

Regards,

Germander