Author Topic: Look up Request at Representative Church Libray in Dublin  (Read 2498 times)

Offline nagyjoyceirene1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Look up Request at Representative Church Libray in Dublin
« on: Sunday 01 July 18 21:54 BST (UK) »
There are some parish registers that appear only to be available at the RCL in Dublin and I am pretty sure information about my family will be on them.
I am looking for someone who has access to that library who would be willing to take on the searches for me.  The parishes are;
Parish of Rosenallis, Dio of Kildare, 1801-  My family would likely be from 1801-1840 or later
Parish of Coolbanagher, Dio of Kildare 1802-
Parish of Lea, Dio of Kildare 1801-
Parish of Clonaslee, Dio of Kildare 1814- 
Parish of Mountmellick, Dio of Kiildare 1840-
I have extensive information including a long timeline that would be a help. 
Thank you

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Look up Request at Representative Church Libray in Dublin
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 01 July 18 22:25 BST (UK) »
Are you aware of what is online free??

Marriages 1845+ etc..

Wills etc...
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline nagyjoyceirene1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 01 July 18 22:45 BST (UK) »
Yes, I believe so. According to the RCL information, these parish records are only available on microfilm in their library.  If this information is not correct I would appreciate updated information. I was just in Dublin but was unable to go to the RCL because of time constraints.
Thank you.

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 01 July 18 22:53 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat  ;D

I don't know how long you will have to wait for someone to go to the library for this, but in the meantime, could you please post the family names and events that you are interested in.

If we know the names and someone is going on the off-chance, they will have the information to hand rather than posting another reply on this topic which may not get answered in time.

Also, the canny chatters here have a knack of finding information elsewhere so might have access to what you are looking for from a different source.

Dawn
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline nagyjoyceirene1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 01 July 18 23:20 BST (UK) »
 1 Thomas Lee Kenny,                     
       Born about 1775,      (haven't found actual birth/baptismal information)                  
            at Mountmellick, Rosenallis, Queens Co 
     Died     3 October 1845
     Buried  6 October 1845                            
                 at Mountmellick,     (have not been able to find his burial site)
 2. Elizabeth Devine
     Born     about 1785
                  of Graguenamanagh Parish, Co. Kilkenny    (this place may be incorrect.  Info said born
                                                                                                at Grague and there are several)
     Died    1 April 1863
                  at Dublin,
     Buried 4 April Mountmellick, Rosenalis     (have not not been able to find her burial site either
Children

1. Rev. Simon Griffith Kenny     - born about 1810, likely in Mountmellick, Rossnallis, Leix, Ireland
           -  1810 parish priest after 1838 in Co. Kildare     married    Bedelia Anderson      Children   Thomas Hebert, William                               Hamilton,Francis, John, Claude Gerard and Richard Irvine
                                                        - unable to locate baptismal record.  Have more information on the children etc.

2. Thomas Lee Kenny             -  born about 1812, likely in Mountmellick, Rossnallis, Leix, Ireland  no other information about him so far

3. Robert Wolfonden Kenny     -  born about 1814, likely at Mountmellick, Rosenallis;   died  12 March 1875 in London   
             -  married Harriett Dawber                           one child  Arthur Thomas

4. Elizabeth Kenny     - born about 1816, likely at Mountmellick or Belin House, Belin townland   died about 12 May 1888   
          -  married   Nocholas Benchell  Wall                children   Alice Sophia and                                           Charlotte Louisa
  5. Richard Lee Kenny      - born about 1817  likely at Mountmellick or Belin House, Belin townland       
                 -  married Harriet Maria ____                                                - children  Harrriet Emily, Robert Wolfindin, Thomas Lee and Richard George
                                              - this is the family listed on the stone at the Lea parish cemetery.
                                              - I have no marriage or other family information for Harriet Emily
                                              - I have no marriage or other family information for Robert Wolfindin
                                              -  I have no marriage or other family information for Richard George
                                              - I know that this Thomas Lee married a lady named Lillie about 1907 and they had two daughters Mary Emily  born  abt                                  1908 and Lillie Margaret  born  abt 1909
 6. Rev Henry Torrens Kenny  -  born about 1820,  likely at Mountmellick or Belin House, Belin townland     
         - died 29 July 1874 at Liverpool, Lancaster, England   
         - married  Emily Dawber                                                       children  Emma, Elizabeth Harriett, Alice Mary, Fanny Emily,
                                                                                                                                                 Col Henry Torrens, Frederick Hamilton, Rev Alfred Lee,
                                                                                                                                                 Rev Walter Wolfenden, Mabel Gertrude and Francis Thomas

7. George Lee Kenny     -  born 10 Feb 1823,  likely at Mountmellick or Belin House, Belin townland   
              -  died 30 Jan 1902 Los Angeles, California   
              - married   Malvina Van Wickle                                                          children  George Hubert, Celia Mayh, Robert Wolfenden,
                           George Lee Jr
                                          married   Cecilia Matilda Bancroft

8. Matilda Kenny     - about 1824, likely at Mountmellick or Belin House, Belin townland       or Belin House, Belin townland   
         - no spouse   no children

9. Sarah Kenny   - born about 1826 likely at Mountmellick or Belin House, Belin townland  died 11 May 1888, Dublin   no spouse   no children

10. Frederick Hamilton Kenny   born 13 March 1828, Lea    christened 21 April 1828 at Lea  (the only christening record I have found so
                                  far)      died  18 November 1910
                                                         - married  Margaret Summers   in Canada    children  13   all born in Canada
                                                         - immigrated to Canada  26 July 1847 from Liverpool

Offline nagyjoyceirene1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 01 July 18 23:22 BST (UK) »
OOPs.  That didn't get tidied up before I pushed the enter key.

Offline nagyjoyceirene1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 01 July 18 23:30 BST (UK) »
The second family is that of Simon Kenny, father of Thomas Lee Kenny

Simon Kenny                     Note:  There is lots of documentation to back up
     born about 1745    likely in Co Kildare                this family’s information
     died   before 22 July 1807   likely in Mountmellick, Rosnallis Parish, Queens Co.

married  after 14 February 1771

Miss Lee
    born  about 1751   likely in Co. Kildare
    died   after 22 July 1807  Mountmellick, Queens

parents  Thomas Lee  born  before 25 April 1766, Mountmellick, Queens Co.  died  after 25 April 1766 at Mountmellick, Queens.

- Parish of Mountmellick, Parliamentary Return made 25th April 1766 by Peter Westerna, Protestant Curate (vol 1, pg 271)
      - Number of Catholics in the town and liberties of Mount mellick,
         Names of heads of householders,
                                     * astericks shows had Protestants belonging to their households.
                                    "*Thomas Lee"

Children

1. Thomas Lee Kenny    all information above    (haven't found actual birth/baptismal information)     born   abt 1775  at Mountmellick,                                                                                                Rosenallis, Queens Co

2. Robert Kenny    born  about 1778     at Rossnallis, Mountmellick, Queens Co.death  between 26 May 1830 and 27 May 1831   Mountmellick,                                        Rossnallis, Queens Co.
            married   Sarah Shannon    one child  boy
            married   Margaret Tarleton  abt 18 Sept 1817   no children

3. Capt Wolfenden Kenny   born 18 Nov 1780 at Rossnallis, Montmellick, Queens  Died 25 Aug 1857, Stepney, London, England
            married  Mary Kettle   children  Charlotte Mary, Anna Beaumont, Wolfenden,
                                                                              Edward, Mary, William, Capt Robert, Frances,
                                                                              Frederick,  Charles Griffith Richard
         - fought with Wellington in Napoleonic Wars
         - received medal from Queen Victoria
         - lots of information on this part of the family

4. Molley Kenny   born about 1781 likely at Rossnallis, Queens   died 23 January 1809,
                                                                     Rossnallis, Queens   marriage  no information
                             children  no information

5. Matilda Kenny   born  about 1782 likely at Rossnallis, Queens  died  no information   married 
                                                                 James Turry   children  no information

6. Louisa Kenny    born  about 1784 likely at Rossnallis, Mountmellick, Queens   died  in America   
                                                                        married Thomas Robinson 
                           children      no information

7. Elizabeth Kenny    born about 1785 at Rossnallis, Queens   died  no information  married  John
                                                                 Turry  children   no information

8. John Kenny   born  about 1787  likely at Rossnallis, Queens died  30 January 1809, Rossnallis,
                                                        Queens  married   no information
                     children  no information

9. Sarah Kenny  born about 1789  likley at Rossnallis, Queens  died  no information  married 
                                                                                  Edward Disney  children  no information

10. Lieut Somon Griffith Kenny  born abt 1790 likely at Rossnallis, Mountmellick, Queens  died   
                                                        1812  married   no information
                        children   no information
                  - soldier,  Battle of Coruna, Peninsular war, 16 January 1809, La Coruña,
                                                                Galicia, Spain

11. Catherine Kenny   born  abt 1791 Rossnallis, Queens,   died  no information  married  Thomas
                                                                                          Large  children  no information   

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 02 July 18 01:11 BST (UK) »
Yes, I believe so. According to the RCL information, these parish records are only available on microfilm in their library.  If this information is not correct I would appreciate updated information. I was just in Dublin but was unable to go to the RCL because of time constraints.
Thank you.

Are you sure they cover the years you need??