Poll

What Country is your main research centred on ?

England and Wales
1820 (49.8%)
Ireland
752 (20.6%)
Scotland
688 (18.8%)
Emmigrants
244 (6.7%)
Immigrants
151 (4.1%)

Total Members Voted: 2504

Author Topic: What Country is your research ?  (Read 286239 times)

Offline Pegasuss

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: What Country is your research ?
« Reply #531 on: Thursday 24 March 11 16:42 GMT (UK) »
Goosey Lucy & Rabbit B.

No Problem!

I seem to be quite lucky (sometimes) with Internet Search Engines!

Just wish I could have the same kind of luck with some of My Brickwalls! ::) ;)
Hertzberger, Highton, Walker, Eaton, Webster, Brown, Wright, Speed, Dodd, Holland, Melling, Murphy, Edwards, Bennett, Collins, Critchley, Duffy, Owens, Morgan & Humphreys

All UK census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Rabbit B

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1937 - 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: Thursday 24 March 11 21:51 GMT (UK) »
Goosey Lucy & Rabbit B.

No Problem!

I seem to be quite lucky (sometimes) with Internet Search Engines!

Just wish I could have the same kind of luck with some of My Brickwalls! ::) ;)

Hi Pegasuss,

You find me a link I will help knock down a brick wall?  Deal??  :-\  I am sure that Lucy will help too. 8)

Rabbit B  ;D
Conning/London
Wareham/Winchester
Hart/Cambridgeshire
Burns/Byrne/Liverpool and Ireland
Nibbs/London
Brealey/Staffordshire
Melbourn/Melbourne/Cambridgeshire
Hoyle/Liverpool
Relf/Sussex

Offline Pegasuss

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: Thursday 24 March 11 21:58 GMT (UK) »
Thank You Rabbit B.

My main Brickwalls are to do with tracing Ancestors Birthplaces in Germany,  Prussea & Ireland (two of the hardest Nuts to Crack).  ::) ???

Germany =  BRUNN (BROWN) There are various spelling variants

Prussea = HERZBERGER (I did have some possible locations = Posen &/or an area 30+ Miles North/ Northwest of Brandenburg (possibly The Gate not the place?).

Ireland = Edwards (Family Legend has them coming from Bangor, North Wales then going to Ireland. but I can only find Irish Born Ancestors in Liverpool, who may have come from Tipparrery[spelling?]).

Hertzberger, Highton, Walker, Eaton, Webster, Brown, Wright, Speed, Dodd, Holland, Melling, Murphy, Edwards, Bennett, Collins, Critchley, Duffy, Owens, Morgan & Humphreys

All UK census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Rabbit B

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1937 - 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: Thursday 24 March 11 22:46 GMT (UK) »
Thank You Rabbit B.

My main Brickwalls are to do with tracing Ancestors Birthplaces in Germany,  Prussia & Ireland (two of the hardest Nuts to Crack).  ::) ???

Germany =  BRUNN (BROWN) There are various spelling variants

Prussea = HERZBERGER (I did have some possible locations = Posen &/or an area 30+ Miles North/ Northwest of Brandenburg (possibly The Gate not the place?).

Ireland = Edwards (Family Legend has them coming from Bangor, North Wales then going to Ireland. but I can only find Irish Born Ancestors in Liverpool, who may have come from Tipperary[spelling?]).

Hi Pegasus,
When I have finished my project I will have a go.
It might be a long while before I get at it, but I will not forget!
I need that link to Liverpool crews though. 

The correct spelling for Tipperary via the spell checker!

I have tried everything!

Rabbit B

Conning/London
Wareham/Winchester
Hart/Cambridgeshire
Nibbs/London
Brealey/Staffordshire
Hoyle/Liverpool
Relf/Sussex

Offline bandick

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: Thursday 24 March 11 23:23 GMT (UK) »
Gooseylucy, Rabbit B, Pegasuss, Redroger don’t know whats going on here, but for some reason I’m getting your posts as well… I’m so new here I havnt got a clue what I’m doing, but I’ll see if I can send this to you… thought you ought to know in case you sent any juicy bits… 

Offline PaulaToo

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me 'n Gerry
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: Thursday 24 March 11 23:47 GMT (UK) »
Don't panic, bandick, once you have posted on a thread you get notification of new messages on that thread, and the name of the person who has added them.
It's only PMs that are private, and then you only get notification of the ones that are for you.
All part of the glory of RootChat.
Bartlett/Henley on Thames
Caponhurst/Buckinghamshire and?
Denchfield/North Marston/Bucks
Webb/Winchester
Mathias/Pembroke/Pembroke Dock
John/Pembroke/Pembroke Dock
Smith/Portsmouth/Portsea
Purchas/Bucks and?
Olliffe/Bucks

Offline bandick

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: Friday 25 March 11 01:46 GMT (UK) »
Oh dear Paula… I just can’t understand why I’m not getting the hang of this at all… I don’t know what I’m doing wrong… I’ve never ever felt so inadequate in my life.

I have a bit of a secret love affair with the spitfire aeroplane… it’s a boy thing, without being patronising, you wouldn’t understand… I used to make airfix kits ov’em… and then balsa models… now I’m all growed up
I got a couple of radio control spits… and  I go weak at the knees when I see’em in the air… now I’m in this new place… I didn’t realise I live on the flight path for Southampton airport where there’s a few based… oh my god… when they fly over me… I get a lump in my throat, and I’d love to just sit in one, let alone fly one but… this roots thingy is like being given the opportunity to fly one, being helped up into the cockpit with a smile from ear to ear and a soppy grin on me face and being totally unable to move or think… I hope you understand what I’m trying to say…

I’m so happy, yet sad and annoyed with meself for being so stupid. I don’t know why. I felt so chuffed the other day when I thought I had it… even telling meself what a stupid sod I’d been, and how could I not have understood it… it must have been a wicked dream, sumin to do with the drugs…  ohhhh. 

I don’t want to get too annoyed, or I can see me slamming the top down on the laptop… and forgetting the whole idea… don’t spose being in so much pain all the time helps… never mind… every day in every way… thanks for listening

Offline Rabbit B

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1937 - 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: Friday 25 March 11 11:12 GMT (UK) »
Oh dear Paula… I just can’t understand why I’m not getting the hang of this at all… I don’t know what I’m doing wrong… I’ve never ever felt so inadequate in my life.

I have a bit of a secret love affair with the spitfire aeroplane… it’s a boy thing, without being patronising, you wouldn’t understand… I used to make airfix kits ov’em… and then balsa models… now I’m all growed up
I got a couple of radio control spits… and  I go weak at the knees when I see’em in the air… now I’m in this new place… I didn’t realise I live on the flight path for Southampton airport where there’s a few based… oh my god… when they fly over me… I get a lump in my throat, and I’d love to just sit in one, let alone fly one but… this roots thingy is like being given the opportunity to fly one, being helped up into the cockpit with a smile from ear to ear and a soppy grin on me face and being totally unable to move or think… I hope you understand what I’m trying to say…

I’m so happy, yet sad and annoyed with meself for being so stupid. I don’t know why. I felt so chuffed the other day when I thought I had it… even telling meself what a stupid sod I’d been, and how could I not have understood it… it must have been a wicked dream, sumin to do with the drugs…  ohhhh. 

I don’t want to get too annoyed, or I can see me slamming the top down on the laptop… and forgetting the whole idea… don’t spose being in so much pain all the time helps… never mind… every day in every way… thanks for listening

Never mind bandick,

I think that all of us who lived through the war, have a soft spot for the Spitfire.  The sound is something never forgotten, so you are not alone. ::)  I like the Hurricane too, the Lancaster bomber is superb,  They often fly over my area as well.

If you need help all you have to do is ask, that is what RootsChat is all about. When I have posted this message, there will another e-mail for you!  You will soon get the hang of it.  Just remember we were all just starting once upon a time.

Rabbit B  ;D

Conning/London
Wareham/Winchester
Hart/Cambridgeshire
Nibbs/London
Brealey/Staffordshire
Hoyle/Liverpool
Relf/Sussex

Offline vlrowland

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: Friday 25 March 11 22:15 GMT (UK) »
I have been told that my two male lines from my grandfather's was Scotch-Irish. I am trying to find their lines back to Northern Ireland.