Author Topic: Peter PEACH  (Read 1008 times)

Offline liverpool5

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Peter PEACH
« on: Wednesday 04 July 18 15:33 BST (UK) »
Has anyone any information on the whereabouts of the birth of Peter Peach who died aged 70 in 1803 in Maxey.  I have so far been unable to find his birth, which I imagine is c1733 given his age at death.

Online carol8353

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me,mum and dad and both gran's c 1955
    • View Profile
Re: PETER PEACH
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 04 July 18 23:26 BST (UK) »
I can see that he married Mary Ripping/Rippon? on 17th April 1762 also in Maxey.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Newfloridian

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • MENE INTUS ET IN CUTE NOVISTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 07 July 18 08:21 BST (UK) »
Looking through the Northants Baptisms and Marriages Indexes CDs, I came across this possibility - and question. Was Peter Peach illegitimate?

A Peter PEACH/CARLESS was baptised at Oundle C of E on November 11th 1744. Parents: William Carless and Eleanor Peach. No indication in the record as to the boy's age at baptism.

A marriage took place on January 29th 1743.44 between William CARLESS and Eleanor PEACH also at Oundle C of E. Both parties were noted as "Sojourner in this parish" (ie temporary residents)

Nothing else close in this resource.

Alan
Leicester / Northampton: Craxford,  Claypole, Pridmore, Pollard, Tansley, Crane, Tilley
Derby: Naylor, Ball, Haywood
Buckinghamshire: Cook
London: Craxford, Lane Crauford
Tyneside: Nessworthy, Simpson

Offline dcbnwh

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 07 July 18 10:41 BST (UK) »
The images for the marriage of William and Eleanor and the baptism and marriage for Peter are available free on Ancestry this weekend.

David

Offline liverpool5

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Peter PEACH
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 14 July 18 14:03 BST (UK) »
Thank you everyone for supplying information, which I can now pursue further.  Apologies for my delayed response to you all - been one of those weeks' and I've not had a chance before now to go online.  Much appreciated.