Author Topic: June Fullerton died 6 March, 1956. in Toronto.  (Read 1458 times)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: June Fullerton died 6 March, 1956. in Toronto.
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 08 July 18 20:56 BST (UK) »
I can see your tree now - didn't look further down yesterday.  ::)

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 08 July 18 21:01 BST (UK) »
Hi there.

You might consider looking at Canada411 as suggested by *Sandra* above. You have 2 very unusual names on your list and might find descendents this way. I won't post info as are living but there are only 2 entries in Ontario for the last name with the 'z' in it. And only 5 for the other name starting with 't'.

PB
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline Robneve

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 09 July 18 01:57 BST (UK) »
Hi Sandra.
That Kilsyth address was mine. Its where I grew up. Catherine Allan was mine & Junes mother. Catherine's first husband was Alexander Craig Fullerton who died in 1936. Catherine married my dad in 1940 and I was born in 1941.  The story about the adoption may be true but it was LONG before June's death.  June was in regular contact with both my parents and me. I also have a bunch of photographs that June sent to us over the years.  There are a couple where she is obviously a young woman with a baby.  I also have one of Jack Carway with a small baby in his arms.  There are at least a dozen of June subsequently with no sign of any child and if there was I would have known.  Prospect cemetery is where June is buried and I have a photograph of the marker. Our mother came to visit me 3 years after we came to Canada and we did some visiting to where she used to live (Dovercourt Road) and High Park where she often went.  That was when she saw the grave for the first time and ordered a  plaque to be placed on the grave.  I have also been in touch with Katie Drown who has the Ancestry tree that gives the info. about the adoption.  If you can get to Katie's tree, you should be able to follow "Hints" to get to mine. Alternative search for allanr48.  Also, it was 1943 not 42 when June arrived in Canada. I have the telegram she got telling her to leave.  It is also in my tree.  Jack Carway was very badly wounded on the Dieppe Raid which was August 1942 just a few days after they got married in Kilsyth.  If you want, you can also write to me at robeve1014@rogers.com

Regards,
Robert.

Offline Robneve

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 09 July 18 02:09 BST (UK) »
Hi Polarbear.
On reflection, I think your advice is sound. I will give it a try.

Rob