Author Topic: William Wallis will, 1605  (Read 448 times)

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
William Wallis will, 1605
« on: Wednesday 04 July 18 21:56 BST (UK) »
Hello,

I made a brief note on this will the other day, but came back today to search for it, but I've drawn a complete blank! The will is from 1605, and William was of Wigston. He names his son-in-law, Dennis Jackson. Any help locating it would be great! Someone had written it all out. It may have been on RootsWeb, I don't recall. I can't find it by Google search now anyway :(

Thanks,

Adam
Lipman family of Aldgate - ends with Lewis Lipman (d. 1871, Bethnal Green), son of John Lipman 'late of Glasgow' (1856)
McGregor family of Fodderty - ends with Alexander McGregor (b. 1765, Fodderty), son of Murdoch McGregor and Kate Stewart

Offline dcbnwh

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: William Wallis will, 1605
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 05 July 18 10:18 BST (UK) »
This is the index reference on Findmypast:-

Willm Wallys
Year: 1605
Wills and inventories
Archive reference: PR/I/227
Archive: Record Office for Leicestershire, Leicester & Rutland
Record set: Leicestershire Wills And Probate Records, 1500-1939

Denis Jackson burial in Wigston Magna - 7th November 1636

David

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: William Wallis will, 1605
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 05 July 18 10:41 BST (UK) »
Thanks!
Lipman family of Aldgate - ends with Lewis Lipman (d. 1871, Bethnal Green), son of John Lipman 'late of Glasgow' (1856)
McGregor family of Fodderty - ends with Alexander McGregor (b. 1765, Fodderty), son of Murdoch McGregor and Kate Stewart

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile