Author Topic: Look Up James Clifford Dickinson Born 1906  (Read 1789 times)

Offline PaulNeades

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Look Up James Clifford Dickinson Born 1906
« on: Tuesday 10 July 18 17:30 BST (UK) »
I'm searching for more info for James Clifford Dickinson Born c1906 I think D of B 1906 Register of Births Vol 11a Page 246 ?
Father was Frederick Dickinson 1875 / Mother Gertrude Dickinson 1880, Brother William Dickinson 1903
Im looking to see when he died and if he has any children or got married.
I believe they are connected to Preston lancashire also.
Ive it a dead end so any help would be amazing. Thank You.

Offline Pennines

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Look Up James Clifford Dickinson Born 1906
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 10 July 18 20:33 BST (UK) »
As per your other post about William, brother of James Clifford. --- James ended up in Wales.

He was a Postal Clerk and Telegraphist and lived in Neath in 1939.
He married Annie E. M. Thomas in 1934 in Newcastle in Emlyn Registration District.

You will be able to find children born to this marriage by going to the General Register Office Website. If you haven't done so, you will need to register - but it's a free site.

You can search the Birth indexes looking for surnames of Dickinson with a mother's maiden name of Thomas after this marriage. You will have to do it by searching for males and females separately and can only do it with a plus or minus 2 years of a date -- hence start with 1936 and plus or minus 2 years and so on.

You can also search on Free BMD with the surname and mother's maiden name at this period -- and do it for a longer range of years without the necessity of the male and female separation. You need to look at any coming up in Welsh Registration Districts,

The birth date of James was 19 July 1906 -- so you can search for his death in Wales on Freebmd.

If you are not clear about any of this just reply to this message and seek clarification -- but you should be able to find his children and him.
Places of interest;
Lancashire, West Yorkshire, Southern Ireland, Scotland.

Offline PaulNeades

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 11 July 18 09:19 BST (UK) »
Good Morning, thanks for your quick reply and help.
Ive been on the GRO and it will only let me  search for children born prior to 1917
For his death I can only find this in 1949
DICKINSON, JAMES  CLIFFORD   
42 GRO Reference: 1949  M Quarter in ANDOVER  Volume 06B  Page 80
I guess its him but cant be sure.
My goal with this side of the family is to see if there is any living children for the brothers which will bring the tree down to my dads line.
I appreciate your help.

Offline Brentor boy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 11 July 18 09:43 BST (UK) »
For births after 1917 go to FreeBMD, enter "births", father's surname, mother's maiden surname and search from 1917 to 19??. Be aware there are likely to be other families with the same combination of names so you will have to filter these out.

Offline Pennines

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 11 July 18 10:13 BST (UK) »
As the couple only married in 1934 -- you will be looking for births after that date (I had forgotten about any restriction on dates imposed by GRO -- my sincere apologies if that is the case).

I have now looked for the death of James Clifford Dickinson and you could be correct with the one you found. You will only know by ordering the death certificate.

His wife - Annie Eleanor M. Dickinson (born 20 Sep 1904) died in Q/E Sep 1975 in Haverford West Reg Dist.

On the face of it there are a possible 3 children born to a couple with these surnames, in Wales -- BUT they may still be alive, so I cannot post any details. On the other hand they may also have died! Hence once you have found the births on Free BMD -- just check for deaths also.
Places of interest;

Offline Mabel Bagshawe

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 12 July 18 21:48 BST (UK) »
1949 death is him. Probate register entry gives administration to Annie Eleanor Myra Dickinson, widow. HIs address in Andover was 46 Eastfield Road

Offline Pennines

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 13 July 18 18:37 BST (UK) »
Mabel -- this is a brilliant confirmation that it is the correct death.

I had looked in the Postal service records on Ancestry, as he was working for the Post Office, hoping to find an entry for him in the Andover area -- as further evidence it was him, before you found the probate (which I didn't think of!)

He is listed in those records but only in Newport and Neath in the early 1920s -- although he was still working for Post office in 1939.

Great result.
Places of interest;

Offline PaulNeades

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 14 July 18 13:44 BST (UK) »
Thank you for your time looking into this for me its greatly appreciated.
I have located a possible 3 children that could be related all born in wales where I guess they lived, I've searched births between 1935 and 1950.
I cant however find any deaths for the names I have found so I guess they could still be alive and in their 80,s.
Would you know how I progress to find out if there were any children living with James and Annie that is if these 3 I have found are indeed their children.

Thanks Paul

Offline Mabel Bagshawe

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 14 July 18 17:56 BST (UK) »
there's one locked record on the 1939 register entry for James & Annie, which suggests someone who may still be alive