Author Topic: Beaumont Hall, Beaumont-cum-Moze  (Read 895 times)

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Beaumont Hall, Beaumont-cum-Moze
« on: Saturday 14 July 18 22:02 BST (UK) »
Hello,

My ancestors were William and Rebecca Rogers. Both died in Shalford. Rebecca's age at death in 1795 was said to be 82 (c. 1713). I found a month (but not day) marriage in nearby Great Bardfield between William Rogers and Rebecca Stebbing. There is a Rebekah Stebbing christened in Beaumont-cum-Moze in 1713, daughter of Mr. William Stebbing of Beaumont Hall. William appears to have married Rebecca Smart in 1704 in Kirkby-le-Soken, as her father William Smart died and his abode was given as 'Mose Hall' while his wife's was 'Beaumont Hall'. Both were dead by 1709. Does anyone know anything about these families and their connection to Beaumont Hall? Did they work there or own it? Google isn't bringing me any luck :(

I'd appreciate any help!

Adam
Lipman family of Aldgate - ends with Lewis Lipman (d. 1871, Bethnal Green), son of John Lipman 'late of Glasgow' (1856)
McGregor family of Fodderty - ends with Alexander McGregor (b. 1765, Fodderty), son of Murdoch McGregor and Kate Stewart

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Beaumont Hall, Beaumont-cum-Moze
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 14 July 18 22:38 BST (UK) »
There is a good distance between Great Bardfield and Beaumont-cum-Moze, so it's unlikely to be a match, despite the age similarity. I need to find the Great Bardfield marriage from 1738 first anyway.
Lipman family of Aldgate - ends with Lewis Lipman (d. 1871, Bethnal Green), son of John Lipman 'late of Glasgow' (1856)
McGregor family of Fodderty - ends with Alexander McGregor (b. 1765, Fodderty), son of Murdoch McGregor and Kate Stewart