Author Topic: Elizabeth STARBUCK nee EMMONN/EDMONDS burial 1854  (Read 476 times)

Offline Westy11

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Elizabeth STARBUCK nee EMMONN/EDMONDS burial 1854
« on: Tuesday 17 July 18 10:42 BST (UK) »
Elizabeth STARBUCK nee EMMONN/EDMONDS born 1780 Dry Doddington's death was registered in the first quarter at Grantham, Lincolnshire. [Volume   7A; Page   288]

I am hoping someone has access to the burial records and will be able to advise her date of burial.

Westy

Offline DCB

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth STARBUCK nee EMMONN/EDMONDS burial 1854
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 17 July 18 11:01 BST (UK) »
Her birth is given as 1775 - Grantham St Wulfram 18th January 1854. Wife of William of Sand Pit Lane.

David

Offline Westy11

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 17 July 18 12:57 BST (UK) »
Ummm; perhaps I have the incorrect Elizabeth STARBUCK. ???

Elizabeth's husband William STARBUCK was buried 28 Feb 1862 Bottesford, Leicestershire.

According to the 1861 census he was a widower living with his daughter and son in law Jane & John HAND AT Cottage, Dukes Wharf, Bottesford, Grantham, Leicestershire.

In the 1851 census William & Elizabeth STARBUCK  were at Woolsthorpe, Grantham, Lincolnshire.

William is buried in 1862 at Bottesford and as yet I have not determined where Elizabeth died and was buried.

Any ideas?

Westy

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 17 July 18 13:44 BST (UK) »
deleted wrong one!
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline DCB

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 17 July 18 15:05 BST (UK) »
The burial record, GRO index and two newspaper notices all give her age as 79 but it might not be correct.

There is no other record of an Elizabeth Starbuck of a similar age in the area, particularly with a husband named William.

The death certificate might prove it either way, but at a cost. Whoever reported it may have been uncertain of her age.

David

P.S. She died on 16th January.