Author Topic: Joseph Blandford Jackson & Sarah Ann Gamble married 1862  (Read 2199 times)

Offline josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Joseph Blandford Jackson & Sarah Ann Gamble married 1862
« on: Saturday 21 July 18 11:56 BST (UK) »
I have the 1862 original certificate mounted on card & am willing to post to a descendant. GRO ref 1862 Q1 Shoreditch 1c 274. On the reverse of the card are 2 pieces of paper, one relating to Sarah Ann Jackson's funeral dated Dec 13 1869 [Deaths Dec 1869
Jackson   Sarah Ann   27   Holborn      1b   526]
, the other to a Joseph Jackson dated 14 May 1873 [Deaths Jun 1873  Jackson    Joseph    31    Holborn    1b   366]. Also a handwritten note that 'Joseph Jackson son of the above lost his life at sea on January 24 1884 ...a gale of wind on that date'

23 March 1862 at Parish Church of St James, Curtain Rd after banns  by Thomas Pugh.
Joseph Blandford Jackson 21 [crossed out & 20 written later] bachelor cordwainer of Rose Cottage son of George Jackson wine cooper; Sarah Ann Gamble 21 spinster of Whites Yard daughter of William Gamble brass founder. Witnesses Benjamin Samuel Daniels & Elizabeth Cowel. Joseph & Elizabethh made their marks, Sarah & Benjamin signed.
Seeking: RC baptism Philip Murray Feb ish 1814 ? nr Chatham Kent.
IRE: Kik DRAY[EA], PURCELL, WHITE: Mea LYNCH: Tip MURRAY, SHEEDY: Wem ALLEN, ENGLISHBY; Dub PENROSE: Lim DUNN[E], FRAWLEY, WILLIAMS.
87th Regiment RIF: MURRAY
ENG; Marylebone HAYTER, TROU[W]SDALE, WILLIAMS,DUNEVAN Con HAMPTON, TREMELLING Wry CLEGG, HOLLAND, HORSEFIELD Coventry McGINTY
CAN; Halifax & Pictou: HOLLAND, WHITE, WILLIAMSON

Offline josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Joseph Blandford Jackson & Sarah Ann Gamble married 1862
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 27 November 19 15:20 GMT (UK) »
Bringing this to the top again - I also have Joseph's indentures, and other certificates & documents relating to Sarah & her sister Elizabeth. Would love to pass them on to any descendants or rellies.
IRE: Kik DRAY[EA], PURCELL, WHITE: Mea LYNCH: Tip MURRAY, SHEEDY: Wem ALLEN, ENGLISHBY; Dub PENROSE: Lim DUNN[E], FRAWLEY, WILLIAMS.
ENG; Marylebone HAYTER, TROU[W]SDALE, WILLIAMS,DUNEVAN Con HAMPTON, TREMELLING Wry CLEGG, HOLLAND, HORSEFIELD Coventry McGINTY

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 27 November 19 15:28 GMT (UK) »
The post should come up for anyone doing a 'google' search  :)
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 18 November 21 12:00 GMT (UK) »
One more attempt to find a home for these documents, am downsizing so need to de-clutter. These documents only remain to my family because Sarah Jackson was housekeeper to a great uncle's employer!! The great uncle cared for Sarah during her old age and arranged her funeral. I suspect these documents were in her possessions.

Offline josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 14 February 24 17:05 GMT (UK) »
In addition to the above  certificates [yes I still have them as it's so hard to throw out such old documents] I have
Original birth certificates for Sarah Ann Jackson 19 May 1863 & Elizabeth Clarissa Jackson 9 Oct 1865
daughters of Joseph B Jackson shoemaker & Sarah Ann Gamble, plus death certificates for wife/mother Sarah Ann Jackson 1869 aged 27, daughter Elizabeth aged 78 on 29 Nov 1943.

Just to make sure a search will bring up this post, Joseph was son of George Jackson wine cooper or wine corker aged 66 in 1851 and Clarissa née Clark aged 44 in 1851. There is a requisition for Joseph's birth certificate from 1854 which gives his parents names.

The apprenticeship indentures for Joseph Brandford Jackson to Robert Chapman of Whitecross Plce Wilson Street shoemaker are dated 1855. The reverse of each are marked with the cancellation of the apprenticeship 27 Sep 1860.

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 14 February 24 19:13 GMT (UK) »
Have you looked on Ancestry to see if anyone has a tree that would fit with them
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 14 February 24 22:13 GMT (UK) »
HEAVILY EDITED 15/2/24 am
Yes, I've really hunted for the whole family but can't find anyone else researching the family, no public trees or links to other researchers. I can only find the family of George born Lambeth, Clarissa born Shoreditch, daughter Clarissa b ca 1835, daughter Sarah Ann b ca 1836 & Joseph aged 9 in one census as well - 1851 HO107 Piece  1534 Folio 537 Page 24 although Clarissa may be on 1841 HO107 Piece 709 Folio 12 Page 17 and going on through censuses till 1891 [widowed by 1861] when she is living at 12 Red Lion Court aged 85 with a granddaughter Clarissa aged 23 born St Lukes. Clarissa snr dies in 1898 aged 93.
Deaths Sep 1898 
Jackson    Clarissa    93    Whitechapel    1c   188

I realise now that there will be no descendants of Joseph Blandford Jackson and Sarah Ann Gamble as Sarah died 1869, Joseph 1873, their daughters Sarah Ann & Elizabeth Clarissa never married and son Joseph died in 1874.

So looking for descendants of George Jackson b ca 1785 & Clarissa Clark b ca 1806 married 12 Mar 1832 @ St Stephen Coleman St. Obviously one granddaughter Clarissa Jackson b ca 1868 though I haven't yet found her birth and MMN. The only one I can find born in St Lukes is
JACKSON, CLARISSA       WOOD 
GRO Reference: 1845  M Quarter in SAINT LUKE MIDDLESEX  Volume 02  Page 333 but this would make her 45 in 1891 and I think she is daughter of Robert Jackson and Frances Ann Wood.

Offline josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 16 February 24 13:45 GMT (UK) »
I have found someone on ancestry who has Lydia Halsey in their tree; Lydia born ca 1808 was the mother of Sarah Ann Gamble b ca 1843 and married William Gamble in 1827.

Let's hope she's interested in the documents!

ADDED: SUCCESS!! The Ancestry contact replied and she would like the documents!! So I am posting them next week.