Author Topic: Archibald Graham (around 1808 -1882) Ottawa  (Read 673 times)

Offline K8T

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Archibald Graham (around 1808 -1882) Ottawa
« on: Saturday 21 July 18 19:15 BST (UK) »
Can anyone locate Archibald Graham's marriage to Mary Ferguson? I believe the date is 28 August 1835 at St Andre Quebec, Lower Canada. However i need to see the marriage certificate to find out who Archibald's parents are. Is anyone able to locate the original document for me please?

Many thanks
K8T

Online *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: Archibald Graham (around 1808 -1882) Ottawa
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 21 July 18 21:07 BST (UK) »
Nothing in Quebec, Canada, Vital and Church Records (Drouin Collection) that I could see.  :'(

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline TreeSpirit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 22 July 18 11:45 BST (UK) »

The (catholic) parish marriages for Saint-André are viewable on FS... This couple does not appear on the indices. To make absolutely sure I had a look at the actual entries for late August 1835 (and 1836), but there isn’t anything that comes close ...

Offline manawakian

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 22 July 18 12:58 BST (UK) »
I agree with others that the marriage record cannot be found and also note that the minister who baptised their children did not name parents in any of his marriage records, so finding this marriage would not identify Archibald's parents.  If they followed Scottish naming patterns the fact that their first-born son was named Alexander might be a clue.

Offline K8T

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 22 July 18 18:23 BST (UK) »
Thank you very much Sandra, TreeSpirit and manawakian for all you efforts.  I guess it's a difficult one.  I have seen this date on other family trees but haven't had a reply from the owners.  As they hadn't attached the actual record I did wonder where they had got it from as they quote an exact date and thought I'd put it out there on Rootschat
K8T