Author Topic: Herrin and Smith (LYE WASTE & QUARRY BANK)  (Read 2935 times)

Offline Floozy

• RootsChat Senior
  • Susan
    • View Profile
Re: Herrin and Smith (LYE WASTE & QUARRY BANK)
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 13 October 18 21:29 BST (UK) »
As mentioned yesterday in message to you source was on Ancestry. English marriages . Can you find for me the next page of the census with Denis Sullivan on it.
DEWSTOWE/DUSTOW, WADE, REED, ROGERS, GARRETT, HAY, KERR, BAS-TED HUSBAND  COOKE/COOK, GOWER, JEFFREYS,DAVIES, OATES or OATS, , GREASLEY/GREASLY, BIRD, BOSWELL, WILLEY, WHEADON, PARKER, ABBOTT?(maybe not related), JONES, QUINN, SCOTT, ISBESTER or ISBISTER?, LLOYD, RICHARDS, WHETTALL
Names come from Redruth, Cornwall, Wales, Scotland and possibly Ireland. And other parts of England.
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline AdamsHodgetts

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 16 October 18 00:44 BST (UK) »
As mentioned yesterday in message to you source was on Ancestry. English marriages . Can you find for me the next page of the census with Denis Sullivan on it.

Hi Floozy,

Having read this from https://www.familysearch.org/wiki/en/England_Census:_Further_Information_and_Description:-

"Markings Used in the Census
Most of the census records have various marks and checks on them. Some were made by the government workers in the process of compiling statistics.

The census collector drew a single diagonal line ( / ) after the last name in a family or household and a double diagonal line ( // ) after the last name in a building or housing unit. So a female servant (F.S.) or male servant (M.S.), who was not a member of the family with which he/she was residing, might have a single line before their name and a double line after the name."

I think I can now eliminate Denis Sullivan from my Family Tree.  :)

Offline Floozy

• RootsChat Senior
  • Susan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 16 October 18 09:39 BST (UK) »
After checking with another person I got same response.  Thanks for update
DEWSTOWE/DUSTOW, WADE, REED, ROGERS, GARRETT, HAY, KERR, BAS-TED HUSBAND  COOKE/COOK, GOWER, JEFFREYS,DAVIES, OATES or OATS, , GREASLEY/GREASLY, BIRD, BOSWELL, WILLEY, WHEADON, PARKER, ABBOTT?(maybe not related), JONES, QUINN, SCOTT, ISBESTER or ISBISTER?, LLOYD, RICHARDS, WHETTALL
Names come from Redruth, Cornwall, Wales, Scotland and possibly Ireland. And other parts of England.
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk